Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Best Show on Television

I know I'm a little late on this, but I'm finally on the Veronica Mars bandwagon. I'll be playing second trumpet. Seriously, this show is, without a doubt, my favorite series on television right now. If you haven't seen an episode, please go and buy Season One on DVD before you watch this season! It has one of the best finale payoffs EVER!

For those of you who would rather take Joss Whedon's word over mine, which is pretty much everyone including myself, he raves about the show on his blog here and reviews the first season DVD here. He'll also be making a guest appearance as a rental-car manager. Show creator, Rob Thomas (not of Matchbox 20 fame, thank God), talks about Joss' walk on and Kevin Smith's here.

And for you Buffy fans, the show has recurring roles played by Charisma Carpenter (hot!) and Alyson Hannigan. I also love that Tina Majorino (of Napoleon Dynamite fame) and Steve Guttenberg have awesome recurring characters.

After such an amazing first season, I thought the first two episodes of this season were okay at best. And by okay, I mean still better than almost every other show out there. But this past week's episode was finally a return to old-fashioned Veronica Mars genius.

Things I loved: Duncan and Logan finally fighting, Mr. Casablancas' shredding scene, Lamb and VM's staredown.
Things I did not love: Awkwardly long karaoke scene. I understand it was a cameo of the Dandy Warhols' lead singer, but at least have him sing something not entirely in falsetto.

Rob Thomas has his own website, where you can download the original pilot script, DVD commentary, and check out some of his past projects like the quickly cancelled Cupid.

Here are some other great VM websites:
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show.cgi?show=139
http://www.veronica-mars.org/
http://neptune-high.net/
http://www.marsinvestigations.net/
http://www.neptunesite.com/news.htm

*EDIT: Also Veronica Mars gets Punk'd. Be cool, soda pop.
And a pretty funny screencap biography of Logan and Duncan.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

Welcome to the VM bandwagon! It's getting bigger every day, but there is still (unfortunately) plenty of room.

That shredding scene is up there with my all time favorite VM scenes. Ever. And it didn't include either Veronica or Logan, so that is saying something.

Poor Beaver. :( (Everytime I say his name, it still makes me laugh. But Little Dick and Beaver are going to have rough waters ahead.)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Lynn,
Yeah we seriously need to fill up the VM bandwagon! And yes, poor beave...i mean Cassidy. Cassidy Casablancas...you'd think a kid with that name would be super cool. But I do enjoy seeing more of him on the show. I wish we could get more of Mac this season...i loved her character.

11:06 PM  
Blogger sam said...

I've been trying to preach the wonders of VM to anyone who'll listen. I got hooked during reruns this summer and that finale-- my GOD! I was screaming out loud while watching it alone in my living rooma nd my roommate ran out from her room thinking I was murdered, but it was just SOOO good!!! I just bought season one and am super stoked about it. THus far, season 2 isn't as good, but I'm hanging in there...

2:28 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

I've found that the tricky thing with telling people about VM is that you want them to watch Season 1 first. Cause some people just catch a random episode from this season and are like "hmm, that was pretty good." And I just want to hand them a Season 1 DVD and be like "dude, you have no idea!"

1:40 AM  
Blogger adele said...

An show with superb quality which creates an intense desire to watch Veronica Mars.The acting if brilliant and the story lines and scripts even better with comedy.Catch all eps Veronica Mars Download here...

1:51 AM  
Blogger drew said...

Veronica Mars is one of the best show on television. Now I am on third season of this show. Its plot is really great and music of this show is awesome. And I always Watch Veronica Mars TV Show online.

4:24 AM  
Blogger rajon said...

Rob Thomas has created a wonderful series. I have seen this Full Episodes of Veronica Mars online. And its just brilliant show.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home