Monday, October 24, 2005

I Like Big Butts and I Cannot Lie

I'd like to expand upon yesterday's link regarding Saturday Night Live's suckage. Again, the simple solution - hire funny people. Case in point: For those of you unfortunate enough to watch SNL last week, remember the sketch during Weekend Update where Fred Armisen plays a "blind comedian"? Well, an improv group in the city called the Whitest Kids U'Know also does a sketch where they play "blind comedians". I'm not gonna incenuate that SNL stole a joke, BUT rather, point out how incredibly unfunny it was compared to TWKUK's sketch (takes a while to download). Same premise, different outcome. Of course, my point would be more pointy if I had video of the SNL sketch (anyone?). Lorne Michaels, if you're reading this, and I'm sure you do every day, hire the Whitest Kids U'Know.

Along the same lines, Andy Samberg, one of SNL's new cast members, did a few short films starring Sarah Chalke of Scrubs. It's a parody of the OC, called the 'Bu, and it's (suprise!) not that funny. I mean, I chuckled in my mind. BUT that's more cause I was imagining all the funny things I'd say if I ever met Sarah Chalke in person. My love for her did compel me to watch every single episode. Sarah, if you're reading this, I am very single. That's pretty much all I have to offer you. Let's bump uglies.

For all you comic-reading Seth Cohens out there, Sin City might be coming to the small screen. BUT that's not all the Weinsteins have in store for the small screen, there's more.

An interview with Dr. Burke from Grey's Anatomy. BUT seriously Burke, Sandra Oh is so annoying!

MSNBC's Top 10 Current Scariest TV Characters. BUT what if we weren't limited to current shows, who else could we list? Cigarette Smoking Man from X-Files always gave me the heeby jeebies. And the actor, Joel Gray, creeps me out in any character he plays (he was the "other Sloan" in Alias last season and was Doc, the dude who stabbed Dawn on Buffy). Guess I'm specifically scared of really old men. Thoughts?

We must stop this unholy union. The fate of Middle Earth depends on it...Evangeline Lilly, I know your stuck on an island, BUT why??

6 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sparkle said...

SNL this past week was the worst! My friend and I could not get over how terrible it was. You know the writing is stale when the monologue and one of the skits both are "Chicago"-centric. That was 3 yrs. ago! Come on!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

Ahh Sandra Oh is one of the best actresses on television right now! And yea, SNL was pretty bad last week. They need more Debbie Downer.

8:55 PM  
Blogger sam said...

Yeah, seriously. Sandra Oh is one of the best parts of Grey's Anatomy. If you want to talk annoying, talk about Dr. Grey.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Yes, Meredith is annoying too. But I find her character annoying, not Ellen Pompeo. With Dr. Yang, I like her character, but find Sandra Oh annoying. I make no sense...

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone else knows this, but those "the bu" sketches are at least a couple years old. I remember seeing them on http://www.thelonelyisland.com/ when the OC was still in its first season. I like ninjas, so I watched all the episodes. Actually I took drugs and watched everything on that site, several times...

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone else knows this, but those "the bu" sketches are at least a couple years old. I remember seeing them on http://www.thelonelyisland.com/ when the OC was still in its first season. I like ninjas, so I watched all the episodes. Actually I took drugs and watched everything on that site, several times...

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home