Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Like to Make Lists

If you have some extra cash flow, buy Season 2 of Scrubs on DVD. I started watching it last night (shout out to my buddy Tarik for hooking it up!), and I was reminded why this show is in my Top Five Sitcoms of all time. The list:
1. Seinfeld
2. the Simpsons
3. the Office (the BBC version)
4. Scrubs
5. Undeclared

I'm sure tons of people disagree with my list, but I have my reasons. What would yours look like?

Anyways, the DVD has some awesome extra features. Lots of bloopers, commentary, featurettes. I especially love how Bill Lawrence and Donald Faison tease Zach Braff about his hair and cockiness. [insert hairy cock joke here] [insert inserting cock joke here] I do love ZB, but it's nice to see someone make fun of the golden boy once in a while. Perhaps this is why I'll never erase his infamous Punk'd episode from my DVR. If you don't have it recorded, MTV's having a Punk'd marathon tonight, starting at 11 pm.

I don't know about other writers, but I have this weird thing where some shows that I love will actually hinder me from writing, while others inspire. For example, whenever I watch Veronica Mars or Arrested Development, I think 'Crap, that was so stinkin' good, I should just give up.' But when I watch the OC or Scrubs, I think 'Crap, that was so stinkin' good, I should go write a spec for it.' And I don't think one reaction means one show's better than the other. I love Scrubs more than AD, and VM more than the OC... this is a boring tangent, I'll stop. Point being, Scrubs is THE sitcom, still in production, that I'd love to write for.

Speaking of Arrested Development, last night's one hour extravaganza was the funniest bit of television so far this fall, but apparently no one was watching! This show is genius. Why won't you watch, America?! It's seriously amazing how much they throw into each scene. I wish Bob Loblaw and Charlize could stay forever. Production is apparently on hold while Jason Batement recovers from throat surgery. FYI, Charlize is one of my Top Five Current Hotties. The list is as follows:
1. Angelina Jolie
2. Rachel McAdams
3. Kristen Kreuk
4. Jessica Alba
5. Charlize Theron

Again, feel free to disagree. Alrighty, I'll leave with you some more articles:
Five Minutes with Zach Braff.

An old EW article looking at winter's crop of returning shows, mentions Scrubs as worth the wait.

*EDIT: Although Punk'd promos have been teasing VM star Kristen Bell getting Punk'd for a while now, the episode has yet to air. Clever. Keeps me watching every week.

Anyways, E! Online has a nice column where they cover a few of my favorite things: Scrubs, Arrested Development, video chat with Kristen Bell and another with Adam Brody.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sparkle said...

thanks for the zach braff 'punk'd' link. hadn't seen it. so funny. in reference to your 10/18 entry, i gotta say 'fuck' is his favorite.
my list of all-time fav comedies (in no particular order):
1. the cosby show
2. family ties - simply b/c of alex p. keaton
3. cheers
4. sex and the city
5. friends
'scrubs' will eventually make the list.

8:48 AM  
Blogger mnr639 said...

Captain Oats, Kristin Kreuk should be at the top of that list. Get over Angelina, already!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

mnr639, I'm gonna fly to UCLA and attempt to kick your ass (and fail) if you ever say that again!! Seriously though dude, when should I visit?

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home