Monday, November 07, 2005

Musical Monday

Got a lot for your listening pleasure today:

"Blind Asylum" - Orenda Fink (on episode "the Perfect Storm" of the OC)

"Weight of the World" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (on episode "the Perfect Storm" of the OC)

"Appearances" - Citizens Here & Abroad (on episode "the Perfect Storm" of the OC)

"Holding Me Up" - the Dandy Warhols (on episode "the Perfect Storm" of the OC)

"Forever Young" - Youth Group, originally by Alphaville (on episode "the Last Waltz" of the OC)

"Chewing Gum" - Annie (on episode "Something to Talk About" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Other Side of the World" - KT Tunstall (on episode "Something to Talk About" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Get Through" - Mark Joseph (on episode "Something to Talk About" of Grey's Anatomy)
*warning: this song gets a little annoying after a few listens.

P.S. Sort of music-related (whether Ashlee Simpson has anything to do with music is highly questionable), here's a video of her drunk at McDonald's.

P.P.S. Went to the Imogen Heap show in NY this past week, she is freakin' amazing. Apparently, she just finished a track for the Chronicles of Narnia movie! Which I am dying to see... one of my fav books growing up. Anyways, here's her song "Hide and Seek" (on episode "the Dearly Beloved" of the OC).

*EDIT: Forgot about this song: "Since You've Been Around" - Rosie Thomas (on episode "Something to Talk About" of Grey's Anatomy). Rosie Thomas songs are like the perfect tv-drama music. The first song I ever heard of hers was "Farewell" on episode "the Enemy Walks In" of Alias.

12 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sparkle said...

very disappointed there was no post-baseball OC critique. you're captain oats for cryin' out loud.
p.s. officially obsessed with 'grey's anatomy.'

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely my favorite person right now. Thank you for posting such great music. PLEASE DO NOT STOP.

Thanks again.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Thank you for posting all these mp3s! I love Musical Mondays! :)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love with you. I want to marry you and have teeny tiny little baby captain oats with you. Honestly dude, you rock! You've given me a reason to look forward to Mondays. Thanks.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

I love you and your musical Monday's. Thanks so much man!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

This is absolutely the best way to begin a week. Thank you SO much! It's really cool of you to post all this music. I might have to start watching the OC; Mischa Barton scares me but it might be worth the music, eh? Thanks again.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the music and the writing. Quickly becoming a favorite pit stop during the days. Cheers.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sherman said...

I've loved all the music from Grey's Anatomy. Thanks for doing Musical Mondays.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the music! Anyone a lawyer just in case I get a cease and desist letter? Or in case I make all those teeny tiny baby captain oats's with anonymous, then divorce her, resulting in child-support cases?

And Princess Sparkle, thank you for keeping me in line. I posted a lil OC critique for ya... hope you enjoy. =)

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the music from Grey's Anatomy...both the show and you rock!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Den Of Thieves said...

Thanks so much for posting this amazing music from two awesome shows!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Oats, you are now the title of a playlist on my iPod, and the list is growing ever longer, thanks to Musical Mondays! Love the songs, keep 'em coming

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home