Monday, January 30, 2006

Musical Monday

Hi all. There was some solid TV this week eh? Loved me my 100th episode of Scrubs. Veronica Mars came back all crazy-like. And Grey's Anatomy almost made me cry, like always. And by almost cry, I mean I bawled like Claire's baby. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to blog about all of the above soon. Anyways, there was plenty of good music too. Hope you enjoy this Musical Monday, leave comments! (for those having download problems, i apologize. it's been working fine for me and most others i think, so i honestly don't know what to tell ya)
"The Suggestion Box" - Aqueduct (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Scratch" - Kendall Payne (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Someone to Love" - Kate Earl (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Just In Case" - Leeroy Stagger (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Sailed On" - Landon Pigg (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)
*can only stream through his website or his myspace

"Wanna Fly" - Vassy (on episode "Break on Through" of Grey's Anatomy)
*can only stream through her myspace

"Insomnia" - Electric President (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)

"I Only Have Eyes For You" - Martina Topley Bird (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)

"Favourite Friend" - Diefenbach (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)

"Stay in the Shade" - Jose Gonzalez (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)
*check out my earlier post on Jose Gonzalez, where i included his track "Heartbeats" on my Holiday Picks.

"Low Happening" - Howling Bells (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)

"Brand New Delhi" - The Tao of Groove (on episode "The Pot Stirrer" of the OC)

"How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" - Al Green (on episode "Donut Run" of Veronica Mars)

"The Air That I Breathe" - The Hollies (on episode "Donut Run" of Veronica Mars)

"I Don't Wanna Wait" - Paula Cole (on episode "Donut Run" of Veronica Mars)

"Four Leaf Clover" - The Old 97's (on episode "Donut Run" of Veronica Mars)

"Adelaide" - The Old 97's (on episode "Donut Run" of Veronica Mars)

"Mornings Eleven" - The Magic Numbers (on episode "Nice Package" of Love Monkey)

"Gentlemen" - Teddy Geiger (on episode "Nice Package" of Love Monkey)
*no mp3 for this one, link takes you to his AOL Sessons video

"Maniac" - the Blanks, originally from the Flashdance soundtrack (on episode "My Way Home" of Scrubs)
*no mp3, just a video clip of Ted's a cappella group singing for the Scrubs video blog

"Africa" - TOTO (on episode "My Way Home" of Scrubs)
*and here's a clip of J.D. singing the song, love this show:


"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - the Blanks, originally from the Wizard of Oz soundtrack (on episode "My Way Home" of Scrubs)
*no mp3, but here's the video clip:


"Spit on a Stranger" - Pavement(on episode "Drumroll, Please" of How I Met Your Mother)
*here's a cover of this song by Nickel Creek
**and another by Kathryn Williams

"Beautiful" - Elvis Costello, originally by Christina Aguilera (on episode "Autopsy" of House)
*lifted directly from episode, it's poor quality and you can hear the dialogue, but it's better than nothing

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out about you on Television Without Pity, and can't even begin to thank you for what a valuable service you provide to fellow fans. You are literally my go-to person for beautiful music that I've heard on "Grey's Anatomy" and "Veronica Mars", but can't place. In brief: thank you, thank you, thank you.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Jess said...

I also found your blog over at Television Without Pity and I am so happy I did. I absolutely love being able to find all the music from "Veronica Mars." You're my new favorite person.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldn't wait to get here this morning, hoping you'd have the grey's anatomy music from last night! I knew I could count on you, thanks!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, yet again. Thanks for posting the video clips as well!

8:48 AM  
Blogger sam said...

How great was VM this week?! I loved the use of Four Leaf Clover. Gotta love the Old 97s AND Veronica's staged breakup with the Virgin Suicides soundtrack? Brilliant.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

You are the BEST! And I agree on all your assesments. Especially the bawling at Grey's Anatomy. Between Izzie's revelation and Meredith's breakdown, I was a total goner.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Saw Kate Earl last night at the Mint in L.A....right about the time Grey's Anatomy was airing. She mentioned her placement very excitedly during her set. Beautiful voice that girl has.

Also, heads up (although you probably already know), but Imogen Heap will be on Carson Daly both Tuesday AND Wednesday night. Hide and Seek on Tuesday, Goodnight and Go on Wednesday. You might even be able to see (or hear) me in the audience.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

This blog ROCKS MY SOCKS. Thank you so much!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. Babysit me. You honestly make Mondays worth getting up for. You rock!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock. I'm so reccing this blog everywhere. Awesome.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! thanks so much for doing this. My mondays have vastly improved since I found your site. Thanks.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Thanks for the music!
You know Mondays always used to be a rather ... blah day. I mean (atleast for me) Thursday is The OC, Sunday is Grey's Anatomy, and in between is the weekend, so all of that is good. And starting from about Wednesday I can look forward to those few days. But Monday was always the furthest away from all the good stuff ... until now. Your site makes Mondays so much better. Seriously.
Just wondering - are these all the same versions of the songs that played on the shows (specifically Favorite Friend and Insomnia from The OC)?
Thanks again!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I love this blog. Almost as much as I love Veronica Mars.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks again and esp. for the EC cover from House -- it'll tide me over until it's released somewhere!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veronica Mars rocked so hard this week. Thanks for the songs!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a god. seriously.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting the songs. And i agree, i was bawling during grey's anatomy. Not something i'm really proud of either. Just caught on to the television show, it's amazing.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Lani said...

I too found your site via TWoP and I must now profess my undying love. ;) Thank you so much for providing songs that each week I find myself absolutely loving, but ones that usually elude me completely. Thanks again!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lainer said...

Two, Four, Six, Eight
Who do we appreciate? :-D

U make Mondays so bearable! Thankkkkkkkkkk you! :-D

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how wonderful was GA this week?! And of course the music fit in perfectly, and I couldn't wait to come here and get it to listen to it over and over. So thank you!

And as a casual viewer of Scrubs ( I know, I Know, I should watch it all the time) I thought the ending with "somewhere over the rainbow" was utterly fantastic!

Thanks again for all your hard work!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Thanks again for the music...Ted's group should definitely come out with an album.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that you are the reason I look forward to Mondays now. Thank you so much for posting these songs! My music collection is 10x better than it was 2 months ago!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous bryant said...

FAIR HOURS!! FAIR WAGES!!

Ooh, vid clips now :D I missed Scrubs this week so I'm glad I caught at least a small glimpse of Dorothy taking a tour of those underground canal systems.

GA was quite fantastic. However, I desperately wished Cristina would conjure up her inner 'Sideways' character Stephanie, magically materialize a motorcycle helmet, and give those nurses and the new "compassionate" resident Sydney a good smashing. I'll have fun loathing the oh so sensitive, let's hug it out Sydney while I await the triumphant return of Dr. Bailey.

And a little Izzie running about in the world. How scandalous.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Thanks a ton for keeping us informed on music! Every Sunday when I watch Grey's Anatomy I think, I wish I knew who sings this etc. And now I just have to come here to find out!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is an incredible blog! I'm an infrequent Grey's Anatomy watcher, but after the closet scene I had to find out what song they were playing and found your website from TVwoP. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

thanks for the comments everyone!

paul, thanks for the imogen heads up. i missed it, but i saw her at the living room here in ny a few months ago... i fell in love. it was a free show too. so yes, love don't cost a thing. hey-oh!

carrie, i enjoy your blog. i check it often now.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home