Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions

One of my goals in '06 is to blog regularly. As you all may have noticed, with the exception of Musical Mondays, I am a bit inconsistent with posting. So, I thought I'd take a survey and see what you readers are thinking. Should I have more music coverage? Regular Veronica Mars updates? Weekly in depth analysis of Freddie? If you answered the latter, please close this browser window and never return again. Seriously though, please leave your suggestions/criticisms. Actually one more question, how do you readers feel about the news updates? I tend to collect articles, forget to post, then diarrhea a whole bunch of news headlines in one post (pleasant image there), but I wonder if anyone even reads those articles. So yes, let me know.


In the meantime, I may not post too much this week due to GUITAR HERO. It's sort of like Dance Dance Revolution, but for your fingers. I'm obsessed with this game. My roommates and I have already beaten all the songs on expert level. Yes, I'm a total nerd. And yes, this game gave me carpal tunnel. Watch the game trailer. Buy the game. Don't be this guy.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Luke said...

I dig the tunes :)

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I like the music and also the news updates, since I'm too lazy to look for all of them myself. Also, any VM/Scrubs/GA analysis you want to provide would be entertaining, I'm sure.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous nic said...

Originally, I came here for the free music (natually); but I do like reading your perspective on the entertainment industry (and I do pursue the article links) and selfishly, if you link something I'm more prone to giving it a chance due to the likelihood of similar taste/interest.


In fact, I just bought the latest Imogen Heap CD (via Best Buy; not google)

Bottom line: Blog what you feel like and screw everyone else.

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I first started coming to this blog for Grey's Anatomy music (I saw a link at TWoP), but now I'm hooked on it. I love the Musical Mondays, and I do read the news articles when they're related to a show I watch, or general entertainment ones that sound interesting.
I'd love to read thoughts/analysis of episodes of Grey's Anatomy and The OC (the two shows I watch that you also watch) - maybe just a paragraph on each show you like per week.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except for the fact that I originally came here for The O.C. music, I agree with everything jessica said.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Muscial Mondays, but I do also enjoy reading your TV commentaries, especially about The O.C. However,I do frequently check out the links that you post (I really loved the Sony Bravia commercial, for example) and enjoy many of the articles posted here. Still, it's the music that *really* keeps me coming back! : )

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Jessica (again) said...

I just watched the Grey's Anatomy recap special, and I'm really hoping you'll have songs from that up tomorrow for Musical Monday, especially the one with the line "I am infinity". I'll be back tomorrow to see what you've got! Keep up the awesome work!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Cathleen said...

I love your site! The music, initially, but the articles are interesting too. :-)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sherman said...

Love the site. I'm here mostly for Musical Mondays. Big GA fan, but I love to hear the offerings from other shows as well.

I got Guitar Hero for my friend as a Christmas/Birthday present (he's a 12/23 and gets screwed quite a bit on the whole present front). He totally enjoys his new game and has reported rocking out one entire Saturday. The result of which is his wrists hurt as well as his ears because he had to hear from his live-in girlfriend about how they didn't do anything all weekend because of the stupid game.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Thanks for all the feedback!

1:13 AM  
Anonymous bryant said...

ooh, just noticed this post on guitar hero. my roommate got this for christmas and brought it back. so far i can only trip through the medium levels. i dont know how i'll ever learn to use the dreaded orange button.

you beat the ozzy song on expert? i'm in awe, complete and utter awe.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home