Monday, January 23, 2006

Tunerrific Tuesday

*EDIT: Don't mean to be an ass, and most of you have no problems downloading, but for those who haven't caught on, if you want to download to your computer, please use the marvelous right-click button on your mouse and hit "save target as". For Mac users, hit "download linked file". FYI, that ground-breaking trick works generally for any linked files on the internet.

Good Lord, there were a ton of songs this week. What happened to a little thing called "budget" on these episodes? That being said, I'm going to try and post most of the songs from each show, but I may miss a few this week. I wasn't a big fan of some of the OC songs, but I suppose they served their purpose on the episode. Notice, I've added Love Monkey... I'm still unsure about this show. I think it has a lot of potential, I love Tom Cavanagh and I have a crush on Judy Greer. I figure though, since its a show about music, I should probably have it on here. Did anyone else watch? And lastly, thanks for all the comments. I swear I'm going to start blogging more than once a week. I also swear that I'm going to start working out and finish a feature script. I should stop swearing.
"In the Sun" - Joseph Arthur (on episode "My New God" of Scrubs)

"These Photographs" - Joshua Radin (on episode "My Missed Perception" of Scrubs)
*won't be released until Feb 7th, but until then, if you have iTunes, you can listen to the first 1:00 of the song by clicking above. The link will download a file that allows you to stream the song through iTunes.

"Shuffle Your Feet" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"Time Bomb" - Goldspot (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"A Boy Brushed Red...Living in Black and White" - Underoath (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"Sail Into the Sun" - The Funky Lowlives (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"Sour Milk" - Phontaine (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"Retreat" - the Rakes (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"All My Life" - DJ Harry (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"Winter" - Bebel Gilberto (on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC)

"A Good Thing" - St. Etienne (on episode "Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Monster Hospital" - Metric (on episode "Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" of Grey's Anatomy)

"I Got Some Moves" - Sam Winch (on episode "Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Am I Just One" - Carey Ott (on episode "Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Fool's Gold" - Adrienne Pierce (on episode "Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" of Grey's Anatomy)
*this one hasn't been released either, but you can listen to it on the above myspace. if that doesn't work, you can also try http://www.myspace.co/adriennepierce

"Surrender File" - Ethyline (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)
*couldn't find this song, but you can play it from the Love Monkey site.

"Pushing Up Daisies" - the Rosenbergs (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)
*couldn't find this song, but you can play it from the Love Monkey site.

"Shine" - Andy Stochansky (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Mr. Brightside" - the Killers (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Pretty Vegas" - INXS (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"The Fallen" - Franz Ferdinand (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Love is a Marathon" - Teddy Geiger (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"For You I Will (Confidence)" - Teddy Geiger (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Dance Me To The End Of Love" - Madeleine Peyroux (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Thank You For Sending Me An Angel" - Talking Heads (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)

"Let There Be Love" - Chris Botti/Michael Buble (on episode "Pilot" of Love Monkey)
*i apologize in advance for posting this song.

29 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

FIRST COMMENT!

Ok so I'm a little confused, as it's still Monday (atleast where I am) but I'm not complaining.

So this is an awesome Monday or Tuesday or whatever day. Thanks for the music! What have you thought of The OC and Grey's lately?

6:14 PM  
Blogger somabliss said...

Can I tell you I'm in love with you? I know it's a little soon in the relationship, but anyone who can make my Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday this good has *got* to be worthy.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks as always for the music. We watched Love Monkey, my husband really enjoyed it and I have nothing else on at that time so it will do. The music wasn't real original for a show about an indie music label, hopefully they will improve that.

6:29 PM  
Blogger sam said...

Thanks again, my friend. I only saw the end of Love Monkey, but I'm wary of that one...I feel like it is a show that's trying too hard...I was slightly disappointed with Grey's Anatomy this week, but next week looks like it is gonna rock. Yippee! I would never choose a dog over George.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Sherman said...

Thanks again for the GA tracks. But also again because I loved "Love Monkey" and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed that show. "Ed" made me a big fan of Tom Cavanaugh and I'm glad to see that he may have another good series.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the GA music!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new GA tunes. My music spending is going up and up picking out other great songs by these artists. Love Monkey is still on the TiVo so can't comment on the pilot yet. Thanks again!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous bryant said...

GA this week was a snore-fest. More Cristina inhaling hotdogs by the fist-fulls, less George being whiney and soft (I'd pick the dog btw). Meredith seems to have developed a Sienna-Miller-Complex and that makes me like her even less than a hydro-colonic. Thankfully I can always count on Dr. Bailey to tickle me senseless.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you !

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. These are great.

5:29 AM  
Blogger sam said...

Agreed. The eating competition was the best storyline of the show. But, then again, I am also a huge fan of competitive eating...as is revealed on my own blog...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Janna said...

WOW, that's a lot of music Cap'n Oates. I haven't downloaded yet but I can't wait to do so! Thanks!

9:25 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

thanks so much for these songs..maybe i should start watching love monkey...although i hear teddy geiger's character is just like teddy but is named neil or something? yup...i'm sure that'd really build his fan base. :)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your postings! Some songs are not available on the Canadian iTunes server, so it's a treat to check out your blog every week and download some good, lesser-known songs.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the great music - I've pointed quite a few people this way, too.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you! Really great, thank you so much for the work you put into finding these songs!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your work! I just discovered this site through TWoP, you're amazing, the music is just awesome. Thank you!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all the great music that you provide, as well as your entertainment commentary. Love it all - you rock!

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have a download link to the Adrienne Pierce Fool's Gold song?

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, i'm not getting a downloadable link [unless you didn't put one up]
i'm only getting a quicktime player... what's wrong with it?

12:19 PM  
Blogger sam said...

BTW- I think I may be a Love Monkey convert...I saw the second half last night and was pretty into it...I wish they would stick more to the relationship story line and less on the music business...

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this. Monday's have suddenly become something to look forward to!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks so much for not only locating, but also providing the songs on your site. I've just recently started watching Grey's Anatomy and Lost (after deciding to drop The OC), where Alexandra Patsavas is also the music supervisor. So thanks again and keep up the good work.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Captain! Thanks for the Music, but when I "save target as" for the Sam Winch song, I only get nine seconds.. did anyone else have this problem??

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks for all the songs. This is one of the bright spots of my week!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooo much for all of this music. You are wonderful!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, not to seem totally computer illiterate but it's still not working for me. on previous weeks simply clicking on the link worked just fine so I never had to bother with save target as. This week however, that didn't work and while I do know how to operate my wonderous right click button when I do so, save target as is not an option. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.....?
p.s. I can't believe Izzie has a kid!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

which song is giving you trouble? all the links seem to be working for me...

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! Great Music And all... but a song that would be well appreciated would be Collide by Howie Day? Seeing as Shows are the theme, it was on that episode of One Tree Hill a while back, actually quite a while back on Season 2. Anyway give it some thought... i love everything so far! xxx

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home