Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Surfin' USA

I went to the Nada Surf show last night at Mercury Lounge. Hot tamales, they were good. Seriously, they're one of the most underrated bands out there. Here's a crappy pic from the night:

I have to keep this short, but I'll leave you with a song from each album, hopefully to entice you to purchase them. If you were to buy only one album though, purchase Let Go. They start their US tour tomorrow with another awesome band, Rogue Wave, so check out their tour schedule and see them in your hood.

"Blankest Year" - Nada Surf (from the album The Weight Is A Gift)
"Blonde on Blonde" - Nada Surf (from the album Let Go)
"Amateur" - Nada Surf (from the album The Proximity Effect)
"Popular" - Nada Surf (from the album High/Low)

And just to make this TV-related, here's their cover of the OMD song:
"If You Leave" - Nada Surf (from episode "The Goodbye Girl" of the OC)

Lastly, here's their "Inside of Love" video (from the album Let Go):

p.s. if you do a search for nada surf up top, you'll find one other song not in this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger harafish said...

Nice song ("Inside of Love"), I had the video on but had the window minimized as I was doing something else and forgot what I was listening to for a second, and was like, is this coldplay? (yes, I am that spacey)

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the links again! I love the music thank soo much!

claudia

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Ooo...I'm going to see the Nada Surf/Rogue Wave/King of France show at the Henry Fonda theater in a few weeks. Glad to hear they are great live, now I'm really looking forward to it!

And Let Go is an amazing album.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home