Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wusical Wednesday

Finally caught up on this past week's Grey's Anatomy. Holy awesome. That was definitely my favorite episode of this season...if you take out the last five minutes. Did anyone else hate that ending? Such a shame, cause this episode had all the right elements up to that point.

At any rate, thanks for the patience with the tunes this week. Of course, everything's on hiatus so I don't have much to offer, stinkin' Olympics. Although I must say, I've developed a bit of a crush on the Johnson sisters, Cassie and Jamie, of the U.S. curling team. Speaking of crushes, my "crush" on Taylor Townsend has just been upped to "sinful lust" with the release of these pictures. Mother of Christmas, I'm getting faint. And on top of that (if only this were literal), Kristen Bell is in this issue of Maxim too (personally I think her Giant pics are better).

Oh and for those who asked, yes I have been working out! Unfortunately, I feel even more like a pansy now, as I can barely lift water when I wash my face... anyways, have an awesome Wusical Wendesday!

"Diplo Rhythym" - Diplo (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Like A Star" - Corinne Bailey Rae (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Everyone Needs A Fence To Lean On" - The Headlights (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Just One Breath" - Devics (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)

"Night Rocker" - The Chalets (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)

"It Don't Matter To The Sun" - Rosie Thomas (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)
*love her

"Closer" - Joshua Radin (on episode "Yesterday" of Grey's Anatomy)
*love him, caught his show at the Living Room a few months ago. splendid stuff. Scrubs used this song first in the episode "My Best Laid Plans" last season. Zach Braff actually directed that episode (quite well might I add), and not-so-coincidentally, Zach's good buddies with Joshua.

*EDIT: so if you're checking this site, you probably have pretty good music taste, which means you probably like/love Feist. you probably also like/love Postal Service. thus, you will probably soil yourself over this new track:
"Mushaboom (Postal Service Remix)" - Feist
*credit goes to Good Weather For Airstrikes for bringing this to my attention

Also, check out the most recent post on the GA Writers' blog. Talks about why they had George and Meredith hook up, and it makes sense, but I still don't like it.

Thanks to HP for pointing out that Joshua Radin's "Closer" was in fact a different mix on Grey's than the track I posted here. That is because the version on GA was from his new album, We Were Here. You can stream some tracks off his website. Or just check out the new version of "Closer" here (right-click and save).

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you again....

12:57 AM  
Blogger Lainer said...

Mother of God!!! I can finally sleep now that you've fulfilled my musical cravings. Wait, did that make sense? lol Oh well, thank you! :-D

3:26 AM  
Blogger Lainer said...

Oh, and it's Corinne Bailey Rae :-D

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, I didn't hate the last five minutes. I refuse to be in either the Meredith is Skanky or the George is Slimy camp. I thought the ep was great, and the ending was both unexpected... and totally made sense. I'm anxious to see how the sitch plays out in the next ep.

Thanks for the music. I only have good taste in music because of people like you who share. I would have never even heard of half of these people otherwise, so seriously, thank you!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Consistently Inconsistent said...

Merci!

8:38 AM  
Blogger harafish said...

Argh, I missed Grey's this week and all I really know about the episode is the last 5 minutes. I'm just holding on for the recap. I get where they are going with it but arrrrrrgggghhhhh. And yes I do love Feist (doubly so as I am Canadian) and I love Mushaboom so I'm sure I'll love this remix. Thanks again for the music. And don't feel bad about the exercising, I just went for the shortest of all runs and my legs are still burning.

9:50 AM  
Blogger harafish said...

Argh, I missed Grey's this week and all I really know about the episode is the last 5 minutes. I'm just holding on for the recap. I get where they are going with it but arrrrrrgggghhhhh. And yes I do love Feist (doubly so as I am Canadian) and I love Mushaboom so I'm sure I'll love this remix. Thanks again for the music. And don't feel bad about the exercising, I just went for the shortest of all runs and my legs are still burning.

9:51 AM  
Blogger sam said...

I missed last week's GA too! Ack! From reading your comments I definitely don't like where I think it went...George is way better than Dr. "Whiney McWhines-a-lot" Grey. Are they playing a rerun at any point this week?

10:38 AM  
Anonymous HP said...

Yes, I'm soooo glad you brought up the fact that Josh Radin's Closer was on Scrubs FIRST! Hehe, I thought I was the only one that was being territorial about when/where a song came out before it gets all "mainstream". I love love love this blog site. Great tastes in music, and keep up the great work, all the hard work will come out the other side!

As for the Grey's Anatomy ep... I pretty much felt how everyone else felt: surprised, shocked, a bit digusted. Buuut, even though I "know" how it's gonna end (she breaks his heart, he's sad), I feel GA's writers are smart enough to know their audience is smart enough...er..that probably doesn't make sense.. I mean, I bet they know how we all feel, and I bet they'll come up with a conclusion that's satisfactory and in a way unforseen. Which is good, or else you'll be able to figure everything out and no need to just enjoy the show.

Anyway, no more me blabbering-- can't wait for the JJ Philbin interview, because I, too, LOVE Taylor. You'll have to fight me to marry her hehe :)

11:53 AM  
Anonymous hp said...

I forgot to ask above: Joshua Radin's Closer on the episode "YESTERDAY" had a different mix than the one from his CD First Between 3rd and 4th, the one you have one the site. Does he have a new album with that remix? Or was it just for that ep?

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Thanks for the songs! They were most definately worth the wait.

I loved the music on Grey's Anatomy this week - I think it's the first time I've kept all of the songs (normally I listen to them all, and keep maybe half).

I was shocked about George and Meredith - like yelling at the TV. But after reading that blog I can understand it. I just hope that when they break up (which they will) it's done in a way so Meredith doesn't break poor George's heart.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the songs-- especially for Joshua Radin. I'm actually having problems downloding the Corinne Bailey Rae and Rosie Thomas songs. It may just be my computer, though.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Sherman said...

thanks again for all the GA music. I appreciatte you dropping the knowledge on us about these new artists.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY. THANKS!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, thanks a bunch for these songs. Man the first one (the one where Christina was dancing wit Burke) is definitely the best one. Thank you thank you thank you.

Oh and I hope you score a podcast interview with writer from GA. I luv this show :)

Christin

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OATS :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Thanks so much for posting the songs. I loved when Cristina was dancing. :D And, yes, I hated the ending also. I was so mad for the rest of the night, it was pathetic.

9:34 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Thanks for the song posts...it just puts my mind at easy every Monday, Tuesday...or whenever!

I loved the whole episode, I didn't hate the end either, I'm just anxious to see what will happen!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous laura said...

Thanks for the songs! I am still upset about the end of the episode...the writers' blog helped, but I still don't like it. I have way too much emotional involvement in this show!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Oh wow thank you for that Mushaboom remix. I am addicted to that song. And the fact that Postal Service remixed it? I'm kvelling.

I like Kristen Bell's Giant pictures better too. They're sexy because she isn't trying so hard.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the terrific music! I didn't like the end of GA either, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that it won't last long... especially from the look of the previews where they're yelling in the staircase. Thanks again!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to place every artist played on your blog. I searched every until I was recommended to your site. Once again, thanks alot.

Peace and love.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving all the songs, ESPECIALLY the mushaboom remix! Thank you!!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home