Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Meet and Greet

Sorry for the lack of posts. My writing partner and I are in LA again til Saturday, doing the whole staffing season thing. Mostly meeting with execs at this point, but hopefully a few showrunners as well. I'll post more on this whole process later, but here are a few excellent links on staffing season:
Javier Grillo-Marxauch's (Lost) comprehensive take on the ins and outs of staffing season.
Part 2 continued here.

Jane Espenson's (Buffy, Gilmore Girls, the OC) outline of staffing season.

Alex Epstein's staffing season summary.

LA Times article titled "It's Staffing Season, Keep Your Rx Handy".

Another blogger's take on what to wear.

In the meantime, I won't be able to post songs for a bit. My bad. But I can leave you with a few pics of our apartment's new puppy. So say hi to Newton (click on pics to enlarge):

11 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

Oh my dear God I need a dog. Dog is God backwards...that is freaking adorable. Cuteoverload has a new challenger!

9:19 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

awww. newton is so cute. :)

see, i don't even mind that there's no new music when i can look at pictures of a cute puppy instead. :)

11:15 AM  
Blogger procrastinatrix said...

Hey, I've been linked! I knew something was up when my webstats spiked today. I see I'm in quite esteemed company.

Good luck with meetings and such! If you want, email me and maybe we can swap stories and/or precautionary tales.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous ZoĆ« said...

So sorry to hear you won't be posting songs for awhile. I just discovered your site an it's such an excellent resource. I come here specifically for the Grey's and Veronica Mars music. Your puppy is a cutie and good luck with your meetings!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Hey,
I have to say this is a good week to not have Musical Monday, seeing as there's was no Grey's anyways, which is where I always like the most songs. The OC music last week wasn't great (or atleast the songs I noticed).
I have to say, I'm not normally a fan of pugs, but Newton is so damn adorable! And very photogenic.
Anyways, good luck with everything!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous jayne said...

Your puppy is so cute! Good luck with all your meetings this week!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

hey!
love your blog.
Keep up the great work.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Janna said...

Puppy! He's so cute! Congrats on your new addition!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute!! ;)
I hope it doesn't pee everywhere though... ;)
Welcome Newton :)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Hey where are you? I'm really missing my Musical Mondays.
I hope when you get a chance you can do all the weeks of The OC and Grey's that you've missed.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Come back! We miss you!

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home