Sunday, April 09, 2006

Musical Monday

Some awesome television all-around this week. And our apartment got a new roommate, a pug named Newton. AKA the cutest creature ever. I feel less lame watching endless hours of television, now that I have Newton on the futon next to me. I still feel lame however for watching the Notebook... again... for the 12th time. But I swear to God, I thought I saw Newton cry by the end of the movie.
"Good Day" - Tally Hall (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)
"China" - Chris Holmes (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)
"Fog (Again) - Live" - Radiohead (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)
"That's All I Need" - The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)
*song was originally titled "Ellen's Telling Me What I Want To Hear" but was renamed for licensing purposes.
"The Crime" - True Love (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)
*above link takes you to the band's myspace.
"The Secret Show" - Dopo Yume (on episode "The Day After Tomorrow" of the OC)

"Lost Art" - Mere Mortals (on episode "Plan B" of Veronica Mars)
"Sway" - The Perishers (on episode "Plan B" of Veronica Mars)
"Gravity/Falling Down Again" - Alejandro Escovedo (on episode "Plan B" of Veronica Mars)
"If I Were A Storm" - Wild Seeds (on episode "Plan B" of Veronica Mars)
*cannot find anywhere.

"I'll Be Around" - Bobby Bare Jr. (on episode "My Chopped Liver" of Scrubs)
"Koyaanisqatsi" - Philip Glass (on episode "My Chopped Liver" of Scrubs)
*the above link takes you to a hilarious clip from this past week's Scrubs.
"Brick House" - the Commodores (on episode "My Chopped Liver" of Scrubs)
*the above link takes you to a hilarious clip from this past week's Scrubs.
**you can watch the entire episode in three parts: here, here and here.
***these two clips are my favorite moments from this episode:

18 Comments:

Blogger flick said...

You have GOT to post some pictures of Newton. Free music, insider reports, AND adorable puppy-dogs? You'll be out-ranking Drudge within a week, guaranteed.

10:30 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

thanks so much again for posting the links for the scrubs ep. and for posting the sway song. i've been watching so much tv this past week cause i've been stuck in bed with the flu...maybe i too need a dog to feel less lame about my couch potato status. (and i totally agree, everyone loves pictures of puppies.) :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger sam said...

Ugh, I've been desperately wanting to get a puppy lately, but I know it would be a bad idea seeing as though I am home approximately one night a week after work...but I know it would make me so happy...so jealous, an agent AND a puppy? You're killing me here...

Please tell me The Notebook statement was a joke. I am a girl and I hate that movie. Horrible.

Tee hee- Flick is on here! Welcome to the club!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for making Mondays worthwhile!

2:40 PM  
Blogger cjb said...

Sonny - Didn't realize you were blogging. Given that my only remaining link to a guilty DVR existence is my weekly $1.99 Lost fix from iTunes, it's good to see you holding it down...

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Sadly, I can confirm that The Notebook rocks. Sniff.

Thanks for the songs!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Lainer said...

Hahahahahahahaha! Hari Krishna! Hari Krishna!

Thank you for posting the tunes. May Krishna be with you. :-D

7:41 PM  
Anonymous kiran said...

the SPD-reading public demands, and deserves, pictures of Newton!

p.s. fess up, how close did you come to naming him J.D.?

p.p.s. Notebook is so much sentimental drivel, snap out of it!!!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Notebook rocks, and so does your site! I haven't seen it twelve times, but not enough times to not cry at the end either!
Thanks for the songs and Congrats on Newton...I'm jealous too!

raynp@aolcom

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big thanks for the oc songs!!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous James said...

Thanks so much for the Veronica Mars songs!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you rock!

Your blog is very much appreciated even from the other side of the globe...

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Christin said...

POST THE PIX OF THE PUPPY!

the notebook was such a sap movie. I cry whenever I watch it :(

Can't wait till GA three weeks from now!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've been listening to "Sway" constantly ever since I watched that episode of Veronica Mars - darn you, Veronica and Logan - just get back together already!

Despite its sappiness, I wholeheartedly approve of watching movies like the Notebook from time to time - everyone needs a good cry every once in a while!

p.s. I also love your blog and want to see the puppy :)

3:51 AM  
Anonymous sara said...

I was so excited to see Tally Hall used on The OC! One of the members graduated from my school and the band came back about 3 years ago to do a show. Their music is fantastic and they're a great group of guys! As always thanks for the music and congrats on the puppy!!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the song postings-I've now gone through all of them to find some awesome new music! You just have good taste (in music AND tv)

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Doc said...

Any idea as to why The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir song had to be renamed? Something a bit more specific than "licensing purposes"?

Seems that it only had to be renamed for the show, they've still kept the original "Ellen's Telling Me What I Want To Hear" title for their album: http://sygc.com/music1.html

Damnit, now I'm not sure what to name it.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hey doc,
gotta be honest, i have no idea why the song had to be renamed. i have it as "Ellen's Telling Me What I Want To Hear" in my iTunes tho...

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home