Thursday, May 04, 2006

Freakin Finally Friday

Wow. I suck. Half a month without a new post, I apologize. It's really because there haven't been enough comments recently. Just kidding. No I'm not, pour on the comments, folks. Anyways, I'll update more later this week, but it's been crazy times in Captain Oats' stable. I'm basically packing my car and driving cross-country to LA in about a week. Any fun suggestions for the road trip? Maybe I'll blog the entire trip, Jack Kerouac-style... and write the next "Great American Blog"? "On the Road, Again"? Um, yeah. No.

Anyways, before we get to the tunes, I gotta thank Give Me My Remote for writing up a little post about this site! You should definitely check out GMMR, lots of good interviews... and it was behind the online petition that perhaps led to the supersizing of the Office finale.

Okay enough babbling, I know why you guys are here. Here are the tunes from the past few weeks, I've even added another show to the mix:

How I Met Your Mother - "Best Prom Ever"
"Good Feeling" - Violent Femmes
"The Freshman" - The Verve Pipe
"Hide Another Mistake" - the 88
"Jesus Is Good" - the 88

Scrubs - "My Fallen Idol"
"Something Else" - Gary Jules

Scrubs - "My New Suit"
"Still Fighting It" - Ben Folds

Scrubs - "His Story II"
"Boston" - Augustana

Scrubs - "My Lunch"
"How To Save A Life" - the Fray
*also on episode "Superstition" of Grey's Anatomy

Veronica Mars - "Happy Go Lucky"
"Lost and Found" - Adrienne Pierce

Veronica Mars - "Look Who's Stalking"
"I Hear The Bells" - Mike Doughty
*also on episode "Bring the Pain" of Grey's Anatomy
"All My Life - DJ Harry
*also on episode "The Sister Act" of the OC

Veronica Mars - "Nevermind The Buttocks"
"Treat Her Like A Lady" - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

Veronica Mars - "I Am God"
"Breathe Me (Four Tet remix)" - Sia
"One More Time" - Daft Punk
"I Am God" - the Wannabes
*thank you Anonymous!

the OC - "The Man of the Year"
"The Pioneers" - Bloc Party
"The Pioneers" - Tunng
"Spaceship" - The Vines
"Cherry Bomb" - The Runaways
"Flames Go Higher" - Eagles of Death Metal
"Some You Give Away" - La Rocca

the OC - "The Party Favor"
"Getting Hit On At The Bank" - The Briefs
"Earthquakes & Sharks" - Brandtson
"Oregon Girl" - Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltzin
"To All Of You" - Syd Matters
"Random" - Lady Sovereign
"I Can't Come Down" - Embrace
"Gotta Reason" - Hard-fi
"One Day" - Bratsound
*can't find anywhere

the OC - "The College Try"
"Hands" - Ms. John Soda
"Limelight" - Two Hours Traffic
"Wrap It Up" - Whitey
"Night Birds" - Ryan Adams
"Samba Sandwich" - Jonathan Boyle
*can't find anywhere

the OC - "The Dawn Patrol"
"A Picture Of Me Without You" - George Jones
"Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes" - Sun Kil Moon
"Any Sound" - the Vines
"Foxy Foxy" - Rob Zombie
"Woman" - Wolfmother
"Waiting For You" - Ben Harper

Grey's Anatomy - "Blues for Sister Someone"
"Police And The Private" - Metric
"Follow Through" - Hotel Lights
"Love" - the Sunshine
*thanks Diana!
"Better Man" - James Morrison
*thanks Carrie!

49 Comments:

Anonymous kadanam said...

WOW!!
Two Thumbs for your great work again!! :)
The Rocca song will be released soon on their album: "The Truth" (May 2006)
I'll try and look for the songs missing! :)
GREAT JOB AGAIN!
*bows*

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say I love your blog and i'm a frequent visitor :) and i appreciate your time and effort for putting up tunes from my most favorite shows! So know that your work is greatly acknowledged ;]


never stop this amazing blog!

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is so good that i would actually feel bad about ever complaining!! Take as many breaks as you want - ye deserve it!!
Stephen

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You so mush, while I mananged to scrounge up so

6:37 AM  
Blogger Lainer said...

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You're back! Thanks for all the tunes. In return, here's Bratsound :-)

http://rapidshare.de/files/19684587/Bratsound_-_One_day.mp3.html

Btw, it would be cool to blog about your trip - quirky towns, cities, eateries, people, etc. ;-) Have a safe and fun trip.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Hayley said...

I'm thrilled you're back! Great songs, I snagged several.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!
The other day, I was google-ing some titles of songs from the OC (cause I don't use any programs like Kazaa)... and I then I found your blog and I was sooo excited! I don't know how you manage to find all these songs, but great job!!!
And I had been looking everywhere for Night Birds yesterday and could not find it so I was really glad when I woke up this morning and came here and saw that you had uploaded it!!!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Glad you're back! Thanks for the tunes.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squee! So happy you're back!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous GMMR said...

Sending the love right back at ya!!! Love the songs :)

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, im a big fan of this blog! i love the oc, and i especially love the music from it. i don't know how u do it b/c while u were on ur break i kept trying to look for the songs and couldn't find them anywhere. and then, boom, u post them all! thank you so much!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome man! Some of these songs were really good when I heard them on the shows...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Internet's Mike White! said...

Yer blog is excellent, keep up the good work :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

*pours a comment*

Welcome back!

Yay for Grey's Anatomy music!!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the music. I Am God - Wannabes can be found here: http://rapidshare.de/files/19713017/I_Am_God_-_Wannabes.mp3.html

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Zoë said...

So good to see you back! Thanks for the Veronica Mars music!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Jayne said...

I'm glad you're back! Thanks for the music. Have a great road trip!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

!! So much music. Thank you!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Welcome back!! Thanks for the music. When you get a chance, how about more pics of the puppy?

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ThnX for all the O.C and veronica mars music!!!!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

kadanam, I heard from La Rocca that their album wasn't coming out until August...did it get bumped up to May again?

Here is "Better Man" by James Morrison:

http://rapidshare.de/files/19718467/03_Better_Man.mp3.html

Thanks for the songs! I truly love this blog.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

thanks carrie! but that file is not james morrison's better man.. perhaps a different james morrison?

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot damn! What a great post! You fulfilled my music needs for a year! I hope staffing season is going well! :D

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I missed you! I was beginning to feel like I had lost a friend. Yeah, I know you don't know me... does that make me a freaky blog stalker?

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for updating finally! :) please update more often...i can never find a lot of these songs myself! ;)

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you...hearing just one song from these bands makes me want to go out and buy their albums :)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is AMAZING thank you!!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you...hearing just one song from these bands makes me want to go out and buy their albums :)

AND by the way you can get James Morrison song off his temp website which is linked on his myspace :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

YES! thanks so much for posting. what with the no grey's anatomy for a month and no music from your blog, i was seriously going out of my mind.

also - SO excited for the veronica mars finale.

btw, how did staffing season go? and yes, definitely blog about the trip - those are always fun.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your hard work, and not forgetting your internet followers while you were in LA! I'd also love to see more pics of your puppy!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Lindsay Kaye said...

wow thanks for all of the songs!!! i missed your posts!!!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Damn! I got that from a Grey's Anatomy music community...I haven't even listened to it yet. Hee.

Sorry about that.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update more! haha. Thats comment. < /drunk>

8:03 PM  
Anonymous evo said...

"Some you give away" can be donwloaded at myspace ... http://www.myspace.com/laroccamusic

7:43 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I´m trying to find out which songs appeared in "Under pressure" (re-cap).
Do you know it?
Thanks for your work and for this blog.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous sarah said...

It's good to have you back, and I"m glad things seem to be going well. Thanks again for all the music--I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome post! I always watch the OC & Grey's Anatomy and think to myself how much I love their music. It's not hard to track down the titles & artists, but it is hard to track down the songs sometimes. I really wanted Syd Matter's "To All Of You" after hearing it in the OC & without your postings, I couldn't find it. Then you post, and BAM! There it is :)

Thanks again! Keep it up!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for everything you do for this site! I don't know what I'd do without it. You rock!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

OK, I have a CORRECT version of "Better Man." Enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pypu20

Great song.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

thanks carrie. that song is so stinkin good.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thsnk you so much for what you do, take as long of a break as you need. But I'm still glad you're back, becuase these songs are amazing!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Awesome! I love "How I Met Your Mother"!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Thanks for all the great music! I've been lacking lately in new stuff to listen to, so this will definately last me a while. Hope your move goes well and know that all your hard work on this blog is greatly appreciated!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger JG said...

big oc geek! ta luv

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of la rocca... did you ever get the mp3 for "if you need the morning"? it used to stream on their website, but it's their no longer :(

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this version of "Boston" is so very, very much better than the version played on the radio and on "Stars and Boulevards". Thanks a lot! I'm going to check out Augustana (and Anna Nalick) at the Bite of Oregon food festival next week -- exciting!

2:13 PM  
Blogger taylor. said...

sooooo sonny.
i've been following this blog for a while, and i've put up with your non-postings and lack of writings on the site.
but when i lost most of my music in a freak hard drive accident, i came here, to the origin of some of my best music (THE OC LIVES ON) to perhaps pick it up again.
but, alas, the links are dead.
imagine my pain and suffering.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160512
cheap jordans
ralph lauren outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
air max
replica rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet stores
hollister clothing store
christian louboutin sale clearance
hollister clearance
fitflop clearance
christian louboutin sale
jordan retro 11
hollister kids
ray ban wayfarer
nhl jerseys
louis vuitton outlet
instyler
nike trainers women
air force 1 trainers
retro 11
cheap basketball shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas running shoes
celine bags
burberry outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
concord 11
lebron james shoes 13
nike roshe run mens
insanity workout
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas superstar trainers
fitflop shoes
kate spade
coach outlet store online
tory burch outlet online
oakley vault
nike free 5.0
cheap oakleys
gucci bags

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home