Monday, July 17, 2006

Me Blog Pretty One Day

One of these days I'm gonna figure out how to transfer everything over to Wordpress and completely redesign this site. But that day will most likely never come. So for now, I hope you guys like the recent additions.

First and foremost, be sure to check out the "be my generous friend" link in my profile on the right. It's my Amazon Wishlist, and believe it or not, my statcounter tells me you readers average an income of $1,340,092.72. So no excuses, I hope you're all prone to spending frivolously on strangers...

Also, I've added a few sites to the "you should browse" section. If you like live comedy, be sure to check out the Apiary. They do a great job keeping track of all the sketch groups and ucb acts that the cool kids are loving.

Lastly, let me know what you think of the "you should watch", "you should hear", and "you should own" sections. I literally spent an entire day whittling down my list of favorite shows, bands and albums... and along the way, got reacquainted with some long lost loves, like XTC. If you click on the "you should watch" thumbnails, it should take you to a site where you can watch clips of the respective show. Clicking on "you should hear" thumbnails will take you to a site streaming that band's music. And "you should own" thumbnails take you to Amazon. Anyways, comment away and let me know what you think I've left off... and we'll have a healthy debate. =)

Just wanted to say thanks again to all you readers. Really appreciate the comments and emails. It helps with these long ass posts to know that people will not only actually read them, but appreciate them too! For those who've emailed, I promise to reply back soon, I've gotten lazy, but I assure you that your emails are "starred" in my gmail!

p.s. The title of this post is of course from David Sedaris' collection of essays, "Me Talk Pretty One Day". If you guys haven't read David Sedaris (I feel like pretty much everyone has by now, I was a latecomer), also check out "Naked".

Anyways, he's a genius, his sister's Amy Sedaris, and his "Live At Carnegie Hall" CD is amazing!! (thanks again for the gift Melina!) Here's him reading "Six to Eight Black Men" and "Repeat After Me", which can both be found in "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim":
"Six to Eight Black Men" Part 1 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)
"Six to Eight Black Men" Part 2 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)
"Six to Eight Black Men" Part 3 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)

"Repeat After Me" Part 1 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)
"Repeat After Me" Part 2 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)
"Repeat After Me" Part 3 - David Sedaris (Live At Carnegie Hall)

*EDIT: Totally forgot to mention the ever-important "You Should Lust" section of the sidebar. That was a tough, tough list to make. So many candidates, so little sidebar space. As you can see, we got Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, Katherine Heigl, Autumn Reeser, Kristen Bell, and Kristin Kreuk. Some honorable mentions that didn't make the cut: Stacy Keibler, Salma Hayek and Jessica Alba. Anyways, click on the thumbnails and it'll take you to their fanpage galleries. Who would be on your "lust list"?

18 Comments:

Anonymous theHype said...

Ah, definitely go to Wordpress..it's so much easier and simplistic, I ditched blogspot after 2 weeks and stuck with wordpress for about a month and half now.

Anyone associated with Amy Sedaris is worth a look at, I'll be sure to queue up those readings, thanks!

10:50 AM  
Blogger flick said...

David Sedaris, XTC, and... "The Hills"?

You are a complicated man, Capt. Oats.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love David Sedaris. You're amazing. I've been wondering if I should get his Carnegie Hall readings.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

"I'll need to get plenty drunk before being convinced into liking LA."
HAHAHA
I think I'm up for the challenge. As a first step in our "Like LA 12-Step Program," take yourself to Geoffrey's for drinks. A nice little warm up :-)
Scribe

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is Rachel Bilson on your list? Are you nuts? Kreuk over Bilson?!

11:09 AM  
Blogger shegotsoul said...

wow! you made it.. :D
we should definitely get together sometime! i'm in your area pretty often.. so let's exchange info and hang out sometime. jeanpark@gmail.com

8:06 PM  
Blogger Joannie said...

I've been reading your blog for some time ~~ anyway good addition to the side bar -- i love it!

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Wakeful D said...

Just found your blog, and I must say you have most excellent taste. Which is to say, you like all the same things as me. Well... I'm not too crazy about the OC, but let's just pretend.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hey anonymous, i know, i know. bilson is a hottie as well... she would be on my love list. but lust list wise, ive actually found that she's not as photogenic as i thought she'd be.

hi joannie, thanks for reading.. glad you commented!

hello wakeful d, yes you and i are pretty awesome with our tastes. =)

12:57 AM  
Blogger candyland crimescene said...

i'm new to the whole blogspot deal, but i came across your blog and i'm in love with it! completely!
just thought i'd stop by and show some appreciation for someone with great taste.

3:38 PM  
Blogger geofrod said...

Liking the blog man. You forgot Keira Knightly!

Good luck updating

George

http://cuppa-tea.blogspot.com

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEEASEEE KEEP POSTING ALL THE SONGS FROM THE HILLS I CANT FIND THEM ANYWHERE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigod! I LOVE David Sedaris!!! Glad to see so many of his fans out there! Have you ever thought of charging a "referral" fee to artists? I have found great music on your site, and it seems that it fits best to charge those with those with the haves, rather than those with the have nots!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hi candyland, welcome! thanks for stopping by!

geofrod, i gotta disagree with you on keira knightly... she reminds me of a 12 year old boy. i was attracted to her for a second in Love Actually, but she just doesn't do it for me.


hey anonymous, glad you love sedaris too! i wish i could charge a referral fee! but im more than happy with getting free show invites and whatnot... so i really cant complain.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous TheNextKristin said...

I've been meaning to comment on this entry for a while now.
You're living the dream, man. I only wish I could be living in LA and trying to make something of myself, even if I hated the city (which I don't think I would, because... no snow.)
I love that you're an Anna Nalick fan, and am slightly befuzzled by the fact that there's a guy somewhere who'd choose anyone over Jessica Alba. I thought she was the shit right now. Then again, what would a girl know?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Kristin,
Thanks for the kind comment. Yeah, I have to constantly remind myself to give this city a chance and that I'm here for a reason.. I do find that I easily hate this place more and more every day. You should make the trek out to LA too and we can shout/sing Anna Nalick from our cars driving down the PCH.

And yes, the Alba decision.. that was a tough one. I mean she is the shit right now. She's ridiculously hot. I was thinking of bumping Charlize out lately... so Alba may take her spot. I'm sure both will be eagerly awaiting my decision.

3:50 PM  
Blogger kavina said...

no no NOOO!!
i love the design of this site. it's pretty and simple and normal. normal is good!
[on a similar note, blogs tend to reflect their owners so i'm sure you're mentally stable and all :) ]
so anyway, change equals BADness! unless it's a good change. but trust me, that would be hard to accomplish.

x

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bilson over Kreuk any day.
My lust list would include the best friend in Willow, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Gael Bernal Garcia

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home