Monday, September 04, 2006

Housekeeping, You Want Mint For Pillow?

Wanted to point out a few tweaks to the blog. First, as you can see in the sidebar, I've finally succumbed to MySpace. Rupert Murdoch, you son of a bitch. Help me feel better and add me as your friend! Seriously though, why is this so addicting? I was never that into Friendster or Facebook. I think with MySpace, they intentionally make the initial setup incredibly arduous. You sign up, and your first thought is 'woah, this is really ugly.' Thus, you're forced to invest some time into it, making it look presentable and whatnot. So of course, after spending hours and hours making sure there's enough profile wit to charm strangers, and that the song you picked accurately reflects who you are now to your 9th grade classmates, you're gonna damn well make sure that every soul on planet earth adds you as a friend. Or maybe that's just me.

Anyways, I've added a few sites to the "you should browse" list. Also, if you scroll down, you'll see little rss feed buttons that'll make this Silly Pipe Dreams experience much more convenient. And I finally started organizing my pictures, so be sure to check out my Flickr album.

Next, I've updated the "you should hear" list. Gone are Coldplay, Shane and Shane, James Morrison, No Doubt, Jewel, Corinne Bailey Rae, Copeland, Tori Amos, and Lovedrug. I still enjoy these groups, but either a) it's a bit redundant to put overplayed bands like Coldplay, No Doubt and Jewel or b) I realized I listen to other bands much more than the above.

So, the newly inducted are the Format, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, TV on the Radio, the Magnetic Fields, Mates of State, Margot and the Nuclear So and So's, Rufus Wainwright, Silversun Pickups, and Teenage Fanclub. Go add them as your myspace friend too!

Lastly, and most importantly, I've updated the "you should lust" list.. gone is Charlize Theron (i hear she's a bitch), replaced by the wonderful, kind and beautiful, Julia Louis-Dreyfus. My friend and I recently went to a taping of the New Adventures of Old Christine, and sweet heavens, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a hot bundle of goodness. I've loved her since the first time I saw Seinfeld, but this taping was a good reminder. She gets hotter with every year, and she has the ability to make anything funny or cute with the raise of an eyebrow or a scrunching of the nose. Congratulations Julia, you're now officially lustable.

Oh, and I know it was a holiday weekend and all, but leave some comments damn it! I'm needy!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bumpyminion said...

I wanted you to know that I depend on you to basically tell me what music to listen to, so I appreciate the update. Seriously.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Megan said...

I have also recently succumbed to MySpace and it IS totally addictive!

Anyway, just letting you know I like the new "you should hear" list. Oh and JL-D is hillarious; I loved when she was on CYE in the 1st? season and she had to meet Larry's neighbor who was obsessed with her to get the neighbor to sign off on burying the power line. And I liked the dress she wore to the Emmys, very classy.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hey bumpyminion, thanks! its the comments that keep these posts going..

hey megan.. or shall i saw new myspace friend.. it is addictive huh? wait til you see jl-d in the second ep of new adventures.. wowsers.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home