Thursday, September 14, 2006

More O.C.ecrets Revealed

I was gonna save this bit of news for my Fall TV Preview, but I think that post may take a while. So, here I am with some scoop on the upcoming season of the OC.

Most people are speculating that this will be the final season.. due to declining ratings, FOX only ordering 16 eps, etc. However, with that in mind, I'd assume, and am told, that this equals more creative freedom. So who knows, the show may return to its Season One glory.

I've had the good fortune of corresponding with Mr. Josh Schwartz a few times this summer, and he shared the following news:
"New soundtrack will be out first week of December. the OC meta mix. Mates of State doing CALIFORNIA. Tally Hall covering SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT. Goldspot doing FLOAT ON. Band of Horses, Lady Sovereign doing Pretty Vacant, Syd Matters doing Hello Sunshine, Rogue Wave does the happiest version of Debaser... you get the idea.

Some of our favorite songs that have been on the show covered by some of our favorite bands. 12 Totally Brand Spanking New Tracks. Never done before for a TV soundtrack. Alex Patsavas has outdone herself..."

Sounds pretty freaking awesome. iTunes account is loaded and ready to buy. Here's a few more tidbits some of you may find interesting:
"You will be getting lots of Taylor Townsend... And Chris Pratt is amazing as Che, Summer's new eco-svengali at Brown... The Bait Shop has been torn down... it's a new era, Sonny Lee Captain Oats..."

Though I hate to see those cool posters in the Bait Shop go to waste, I think tearing down the Bait Shop is a smart move. And more Taylor Townsend sounds like a.. wait for it.. God-send to me! Hey-oh! (oh no he didn't just do that?) Oooh yes, I did. And though we've learned to be skeptical of new characters, aka Oliver, I am going to try and keep an open mind about this "Che" fellow. But I may che-che-che-change my mind. HA.

Feel free to link to all your blogs, message boards and TWoP. Let me know what you think!

And in the meantime, here are some of my favorite covers:
"Bitches Ain't Shit" - Ben Folds (covering Dr. Dre)
"Toxic (live)" - Nickel Creek (covering Britney Spears)
"Joga" - Ben Gibbard (covering Bjork)
"Since U Been Gone/Maps" - Ted Leo (covering Kelly Clarkson/Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
"Wonderwall" - Ryan Adams (covering Oasis)
"Two of Us" - Aimee Man & Michael Penn (covering the Beatles)
"Hurt" - Johnny Cash (covering NIN)
"Eleanor Rigby" - Kim Weston (covering the Beatles)
"Head On" - Pixies (covering Jesus and Mary Chain)
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Tori Amos (covering Nirvana)

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info!!! how did you get to talk to josh??

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Mona said...

bitches aint shit is such a great cover.
love you captain oats. I get so excited when you post, it's ridiculous.
thanks for all the great music!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, love the SUBG and Bitches covers. The Pixies cover isn't working.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Thanks for the comments! Bitches Ain't Shit might be my favorite cover of all time...

The Pixies cover should be up now.. sorry about that.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Thanks for all the great covers and the sample of "The Last Kiss" tunes. "Paperweight" has to be one of my faves. You da man!

After your review, I think I'll wait and Netflix "The Last Kiss."

9:26 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Krissi,
Definitely wait and rent Last Kiss... I'm so glad I didn't pay to see it. Nothing makes me angrier than paying to see a mediocre movie.. I mean it is one costly activity! Especially since I must have food while watching. Popcorn, chocolate covered raisins and sour patch kids are usually my stape..

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Ian said...

That Nickel Creek cover of toxic is infinitely better than the original. I have never heard much of them, what is their deal?

Ian

7:47 AM  
Blogger sam said...

nickel creek just broke up...but the lead singer/mandolin player Chris Thule has an album out and is touring on his own-- which also has some great covers on it-- everything from Gillian Welch to White Stripes...done BLUEGRASS! I saw him at bowery here in nyc and it was a great show.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Callaghan said...

Try to track down The Gourds doing their bluegrass cover of Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice.

Classic.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Loe said...

Nickel Creek is friggin amazing. You likely haven't heard of them because they started out in bluegrass and progressed into a genra that's hard to market, other than "too-talented-for-top-40-radio"

They ARE going on hiatus at the end of next year, but seeing as Sean and Sara are siblings, and Chris grew up with both of them, they'll like get back together in the future for new projects.

But in the meantime, you should totally check out their older work, and look for their solo albums. Seriously. You will not regret it.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Loe said...

*genre. sorry

8:43 AM  
Anonymous ecs said...

regarding Chris Pratt... he was on Everwood (which was on The WB which is probably why no one watched it) for the 4 seasons it was on. he was definitely a fan favorite, to say the least. he's an amazing actor and he brings such life into his characters. he's the only reason I am going to continue to watch The OC! thanks for the covers!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Hey Cap't,

Gotta have popcorn and chocolate covered raisins, fer sure! Netflix for The Last Kiss it is!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cap't

I just wanted to say thanks for all the fabulous song list (and link). I don't have any of the music search so downloading from a link site is the only thing that works. Yours providing great songs from TV shows like Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, Veronica Mars, just make my day. Thank you so much!!

2:17 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Loe, my friend Ian hasn't heard of Nickel Creek cause he's too busy listening to Tool and getting road head. Ian, I envy you. A side fact about Ian, every year he declares he will move to LA and every year he does not. I hate you. And by hate you, I mean can't stand to be without you. So lonely here. *sobbing*

Sam, you are a bearer of bad news.

Callaghan, that track intrigues me.. do you have it?

Ecs, never watched Everwood.. although I guess you could consider my mornings and Friday nights alone an episode of EverWOOD.. OH! I'm in fourth grade now! Oh!!!

Krissi, if we were to ever go to a movie together, I'd do the old popcorn bucket on my lap move.

Anon, thanks for the comment! What's your native language? I wanna write comments back to you using a translator.. love foreign languages.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Azuki said...

Wow, these covers are so amazing, they're on constant rotation on my iPod keeping me company at work. Thanks so much!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger mnr639 said...

Love the Ben Folds cover, but I can't wait for your Fall 2006 TV preview - which will probably come out in January 2007 at this point. What will it be then? The Fall 2006 TV VIEW? Maybe then you can tell us about some of the shows that have been already cancelled and how you're really excited for them. My condolences on Lucky Louie, by the way - I take solace knowing I will never have to see Louis C.K.'s flaccid member ever again (hopefully).

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for sharing those details. You're a great source of information. Do you have more things to share from contacting with Josh Schwartz? Maybe something regarding the adult characters on the show in S4?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hey azuki, thanks for the comment! glad you have good taste!

hey mike, what's up now bitch? notice how it's not january 07 and the fall tv post is up! yeah that's right! i know how you're prone to fights on blogs! bring it! (no seriously though, thanks, your comment motivated me to post.. let's go to the beach again soon)

hi anon, actually i do have some news, but not sure if i can share yet. keep checking back though!

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering. I for sure will be checking back :) I was asking cause I heard a rumor that one of the adult actors (possible Kirsten) leaves the show to be on a new series. Do you have any clue about it?

PS - thanks for the songs updates :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160512
ray bans
michael kors outlet clearance
ray ban
louis vuitton outlet
ralph lauren
louis vuitton outlet
replica rolex watches
true religion outlet store
michael kors outlet
cheap toms
coach outlet online
pandora charms
oakley sunglasses
michael kors bags
ray ban sunglasses outlet
tods outlet store
jordan shoes
oakley outlet
kate spade handbags
nike roshe run
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors
jordan 3 powder blue
gucci outlet online
nike trainers sale
michael kors outlet
tiffany and co
kd 7 shoes
coach factory outlet
supra footwear
hollister clothing store
tiffany and co
nike air huarache
louis vuitton purses
jordan concords
polo ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton bags
jordan retro 8
michael kors outlet

9:05 PM  
Blogger dong dong23 said...

louis vuitton
kate spade handbags
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike basketball shoes
ralph lauren polo
christian louboutin outlet
jordan 8s
nike outlet store
rolex submariner
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
true religion outlet
nike air huarache
pandora jewelry
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin
kobe bryant shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
cheap jordans
timberland boots
adidas uk
kate spade
air jordans
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
ralph lauren polo outlet
nike air max
michael kors outlet
hollister outlet
nike blazers
ralph lauren
nike nfl jerseys
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
tory burch outlet
jordans for sale
tory burch outlet
nike sb
20166.25wengdongdong

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home