Thursday, September 07, 2006

Quickie

You have no idea how much the above title permeates my life... actually, some of you may.

But anyways, a quick note. I haven't watched the Today Show since I quit that God forsaken place back in November. BUT, I definitely will this Friday, and I urge all of you too as well. Why? Because Zach Braff will be on. As a side note, one of my best friends in the world is producing the segment, so I'm positive the interview questions will be great and well put together (if it sucks, we know who to blame). My buddy also highly recommends The Last Kiss.

If you guys don't already, be sure to check out Braff's blog and his myspace. If you live in CA, be sure to enter this Last Kiss contest before 10 am Friday, and if you win, I'm sure you'll bring me along.

I'll be throwing up more info on The Last Kiss in my Fall Movie Preview post, which should be up this weekend, along with my Fall TV Preview, Concert Reviews and a general desperate plea to get laid.

So, again. This Friday, Sept. 8: Zach Braff on NBC's Today Show.
(most likely around 8:30 am, which may mean you'll have to endure a suri cruise segment, a gene shalit review, and one of those 'is your spouse emotionally cheating and fall fashion tips to prevent it' deals where they have women you've never heard of, nor ever want to meet, try and speak without being interrupted)

Okay, that is all. You may continue thinking up genius questions for Jon Hurwitz below.

*EDIT: Well it was a very short interview, but pretty interesting to hear his thoughts on Scrubs. From the interviews I've seen lately, Braff and Bill definitely seem to be squashing any rumors regarding this being the last season or Zach's departure from the show. In today's interview, Zach said that "Scrubs is gonna be on a long time. It's all up in the air.. about how long.. or how long I'll be there. But it's definitely gonna go on a lot longer."

A very different perspective from this interview last year, where Bill said "after next year it [the show] will probably go away. We always geared up six years in our head." I certainly prefer today's take on things. Here's hoping the show stays on 'til Turk and JD are old and grey!

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim Leong said...

"The one person I want right now is David Cross. I wanted David Cross to come on as Tobias Funke. I'm trying to broker that deal, with Mitch's (Mitchell Hurwitz) approval. I want David to come on as Tobias… I love that character, and the fact that character is over for good, I want him to at least have one more little life."

8:55 AM  
Blogger Swishy said...

I love Zach Braff. I'm a little scared to see The Last Kiss, though, because I think maybe I built it up too much. Hopefully now if I lower my expectations I'll be pleasantly surprised :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

Looking forward to The Last Kiss, fo sho. Still thinking up a "genius" Q for Jon...
Cheers.
Scribe

6:10 PM  
Anonymous deanna said...

heeeey! how are you doing :) hahaha

i really wanna watch "the last kiss" but i'm scared that it'll just be garden state v2. rottentomatoes hasn't released any reviews yet, even though they've released reviews for other movies opening sept 15! LAME.

hope you're creative juices are flowing! make it a great day :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Ruthie said...

Sonny!

I hope you have a happy, peaceful, productive day. And I hope you get laid, soon.

Cheers,
Ruthie

12:17 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

hey swishy, scribe and deanna, ill be checking out last kiss tonight.. will give you guys a report soon!

oh and scribe, are you in la yet?

hey ruthie, i hope i get laid soon too.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Hey Cap't,

Did you catch Zach on Conan? It was a good interview. A friend of mine saw "The Last Kiss" and she really liked it. Can't wait to hear what you think. The soundtrack is really great, too. I love the last song -- Paperweight -- a lot.

BTW, I hope we ALL get laid soon!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Krissi,
No I missed the Conan interview.. hopefully it pops up on youtube!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Hi Cap't,

It was a good interview, but I haven't seen it on YouTube yet. If I do, I'll send you the link. Did you see Zach get Punk'd? Total riot. Here's the YouTube link in case you missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09OfPmd2Uc

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home