Monday, October 30, 2006

Musical Monday

Hope everyone had fun at their respective Halloween parties. I don't think I'll ever top last year's costume. I walked into a party last year and actually had a group of girls scream "O.M.G. IT'S SETH COHEN!!!!" And no, they were not in 7th grade. 9th, if you must know. I even had people in line to take pictures with me. When I'd ask if I could take my Spiderman mask off, people would shush me with a finger and demand that I leave it on at all times.

This year was quite a different story:
Halloween 2006

Get it? Yeah, no one at the party did either. In hindsight, I was a little big with the holes.. (that's what SHE said! Sorry, couldn't help myself.) Here's an actual conversation that took place between my writing partner and I that night (note, he is obsessed with the Office):

SONNY: Can you guess what I am?
PAT: A domino?
Silence.
PAT: An ellipses??
Tears forming.
PAT: A jackass with circles on his shirt???
SONNY: DAMMIT!! I'm three-hole punch Sonny!!! Like Jim in the Office!!!!!!!
A few party-goers walk away from my vicinity.
PAT: Sonny, I think if Steve Carrell walked into this party, he wouldn't know what you were.

Ten drinks later. Sonny runs through the hallways, arms flailing.

SONNY: I'M AN ELLIPSES!!!!!

Okay, so the last part didn't happen, I was the designated driver. But had I not been, that surely would've been the outcome.

Anyways, my TV thoughts this week:
HIMYM was pretty off, definitely the weakest one this seasaon. South Park was amazing, Satan throws his own Halloween party in the vein of MTV's My Super Sweet 16... "I want my Ferrari cake." Genius. And that's pretty much all the TV I watched this week... I know, I need to get my priorities straight.

Random notes:
Check out my writing partner's parody of Grey's Anatomy. Pretty hilarious.
Also, looks like, starting Nov. 30th, Thursdays are gonna get pretty crowded, with Scrubs and 30 Rock joining NBC's 9-10 lineup.
Meanwhile, looks like Studio 60 may get the ax soon.

Sorry for the lack of tunes this week, not a lot going on in TV land. But download these fast, my new server, FileDen, puts a bandwidth limit on all the links:

How I Met Your Mother - "Aldrin Justice"
"We're #1" - The World Record [buy album]

Heroes - "Hiros"
"Freebird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd [buy album]

Veronica Mars - "Charlie Don't Surf"
"Never Lonely Alone" - Space Needle [buy album]

19 Comments:

Anonymous megan said...

Three hole punch Sonny! I would have gotten it; I think maybe your friends were just drunk. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Loe said...

I would have gotten it, as I almost went as that myself.

Instead I taped a long black box to my back and went as a refridgerator magnet. No one got that either.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Great costume! I totally would've gotten it since my friends and I seriously considered being three-hole-punch versions of ourselves this year as well. Anyway, thanks for the tunes!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous joyfulgirl2 said...

I'm sorry I missed that South Park ep. I must admit that I occasionally watch SS 16, if only to cackle as I imagine where those vapid girls will be in 10 years when their "daddy's little girl" attitude becomes a tired old schtick that alienates them from society and prevents them from finding love, gainful employment, or any kind of meaningful happiness. At least that's the way it looks in my fantasy world.

In other television-related things, did you ever watch Joan of Arcadia when it was on the air? I didn't, but my school library has a massive DVD collection, and I've been working my way through the first season. I'm actually really enjoying it. I didn't see it on your "you should watch" list, and just thought I'd see if you had caught any eps.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would've gotten it too! But I watched the halloween episode yesterday so that probably would've helped. I was a really crappy version of the post-it note guy on the office space poster and no one got that either.
I second the Joan of Arcadia love but it ended badly (be warned).

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you put up the song 'smile like you mean it' by tally hall
please i wanna hear it so bad!
thanks so much!
[the link u put up b4 doesnt work :(]

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And on that note, I was absolutely LIVID at the lack of Grey's and The Office this week. What's a girl to do?

Mostly watch the nearly endless episodes of syndiciated Scrubs, that's what. Ho-hum.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, have you given up on Veronica Mars so soon? No VM mention aside from the song posting?! C'mon Captain Oats! It was so good last week and I'm hoping tonight's won't let me down either.

It's a sad state of affairs when people can place a blue jacket and Spiderman mask with the OC and not the three-hole punch Jim.

Last night's rerun of HIMYM more than made up for last week. IMHO Top Gun jokes never get old.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bandwidth is already exceeded! Do we only get one shot at the songs and once it's exceeded that's it? So far I like EZ archive better. :(

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I would have enjoyed seeing a Three-Hole Punch anyone, the highlight of my night would have been seeing said person run screaming through the halls that they were an ellipses. You know, had that actually happened. Because, that? Is ART.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Heather O said...

I would have TOTALLY knew who you were!!! lol

ps the previews for thursday's office look hilarious!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a new server! I live in England, and have missed everything thanks to the stupid time differences!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sci-Fi Housing said...

Studio 60 wasn't what people had expected.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Wow! All I got when I right-clicked on the music was a GIF download; I'm way bummed.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Krissi (again) said...

Hey Cap't,

Still bummed about no tunes for me, but I did want to compliment you on your Halloween costume -- three-hole punch Sonny! You're too funny!

South Park cracked me up; such a grand, twisted little show. I guess a lot of people in Australia aren't happy about Steve Irwin's likeness being used . . .

Loved the Grey's parody -- best giggle I've had all week.

So when do you get a bandwidth replentishment for the tunes?

C'ya!

7:10 PM  
Blogger kavina said...

ouch. failed costumes are the worst.
but obviously you should've gone to a party with all of the above people as they would've 'gotten it', hehe!
thanks for the tune-age as always..
i finally you-tubed the first ep of the o.c. and you're right: season one goodness has definitely been brought back from the dead. the first ep is still a bit too drama-ey for my taste but i'm sure that's just tying up the ends of marrissa's death (hurrah for that!). loved the fact that they started off 5 months down the line as well. all the better for skipping all the gross mourning bit.
over and out from my side,
kavina x

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody catches the three-hole punch costume, it really is kind of disappointing.

More about The Office, there any chance of you doing the music listing for that series too? Even if only the titles? The music use on that show really is fairly sparse but diverse. In the Diwali episode alone there's Beyonce, Indigo Girls, and some Indian music I can't even begin to place... Hence it'd be nice to find someone else trying to do the research for it. ^_^

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Erica said...

Okay, so obviously your friends are morons.
It was a fantastic costume and the holes were pretty big but they were nice and round (that's what she said. Or he said. He might be funnier in this case. I truly don't know.)

But hey, I'll still chalk this up as a success for the Give Me My Remote Costume Suggestions!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger minijonb said...

that does it. i'm going as an ellipsis for Halloween next year.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home