Monday, December 25, 2006

Have A Very Silly Christmas

Hi friends. Merry Christmas!

Again, I apologize for the lack of posts lately, it's been a busy month. But I did manage to upload a few Christmas songs to my server before running out of my apartment yesterday to catch a 6 am flight.

Now, I have way too much Christmas music for someone not named Santa (over 400 songs), but I've narrowed down a few non-Sufjan tracks that weren't on last year's Christmas post, so click on the link below and enjoy!

p.s. I'm still accepting gifts from my wishlist. =)

p.p.s. One of the coolest gifts SPD's received this year: being named by USA Today's Pop Candy as one of the Top Ten Blogs of 2006! (scroll down to picture caption) Thanks Whitney!!

A VERY SILLY CHRISTMAS MIX '06

"Don't Believe In Christmas" - The Sonics

"Christmas Intentions" - Scissors for Lefty

"Here Lies Our Holiday" - A Day at the Fair

"In the Bleak Midwinter" - The Pipettes (covering the Christmas carol)

"Blue Christmas" - Bright Eyes (covering Elvis covering Ernest Tubb covering Billy Hayes/Jay W. Johnson)

"Someday at Christmas" - Pearl Jam (covering Stevie Wonder)

"Just Like Christmas" - Aberdeen City (covering Low in a motel in AL)

"River" - Rachael Yamagata (covering Joni Mitchell)

"Last Christmas (live)" - Manic Street Preachers (covering Wham!)
*Jimmy Eat World's version is still my fav

"Xmas Party" - Middle Distance Runner
*Ian of MDR was kind enough to send me their latest CD, these guys are great, check out their myspace!

"Donna & Blitzen" - Badly Drawn Boy [buy album]

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" - Death Cab for Cutie (covering Darlene Love) [buy album]
*I posted this last year too, but I can't get enough of this cover!

"A Great Big Sled" - The Killers [buy album]
*Go buy the song on iTunes, proceeds go to the Red Campaign

And in remembrance of the late "Godfather of Soul"...

"Christmas in Heaven" - James Brown [buy album]
"Soulful Christmas" - James Brown [buy album]
"Let's Make This Christmas Mean Something" - James Brown [buy album]

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tunes! Happy Holidays!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again! Love new Christmas music! Merry Christmas!

7:05 PM  
Blogger toastycakes said...

Always the ones we love at christmas... the man will always be with us though.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous check sanity said...

That's crazy... I would never have known this early had it not been for this blog... and to imagine my mom was just commenting on how it's too bad I wouldn't be in town for his concert. Crazy.

Thanks for the music again too.

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Have a great New Year (in advance) ^_^

10:58 AM  
Blogger tiff said...

Thanks for all the great tunes in 2006~

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, thanks!
I love the death cab cover too.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

Thanks for the Rachael Yamagata cover. River is one of my favorite songs of all time, so I'm so happy to have a new version!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's crazy... I would never have known this early had it not been for this blog... and to imagine my mom was just commenting on how it's too bad I wouldn't be in town for his concert. Crazy.

Pulsionerotica

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home