Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tunerrific Tuesday

Hi friends. Let's get right to it.

HIMYM: "Columns" was a pretty good episode, but the episode I absolutely LOVED was "First Time In New York." NPH in Dirty Dancing was hilarious. If you missed the ep, someone posted it here. Just follow the directions at the top of the page with the login and password and whatnot. But shh, don't tell anyone.

The Class: Thanks to someone we'll call "Princess Sparkle," I haven't given up on this show. And shockingly, really really shockingly, it continues to make me laugh at least a few times. Out loud even. Thus, I shall continue to watch. They usually have the most recent episode up on Innertube.

Heroes: I haven't watched last night's episode, but it definitely seems like Heroes has learned a thing or two from the mistakes of Lost. Mini-mysteries throughout the season that actually have answers, episodes that actually move the plot forward, keeping new characters ancillary... now if we could only get NBC to stop making up lame promotional catch-phrases. Although I still like throwing in their old catch-phrase into daily conversation:

PERSON: That's weird, where did I leave my keys?
ME: I don't know man, save the cheerleader, save the world.
PERSON: I hate you.

Oh and it's nice to see Christopher Eccleston again. Well, "see," considering he's invisible. If you like campy sci fi shows with a good dose of heart, check him out in Doctor Who. I had to screen all the Who episodes at my old SCI FI job, and they were surprisingly entertaining.

Veronica Mars: I've been a bit harsh on the show this year, and I think most of the criticism has been deserved. So, you can trust that I'm not biased when I say that this episode was quite enjoyable. Mac is a great character, Piz is not (Piz? Che? Why these names, teen dramedy showrunners, why?). And I've asked before what on earth happened to Weevil's face earlier this year, and I guess the answer is Francis Capra was on some medication earlier this season that made him all bloated and whatnot. Mystery solved.

Speaking of mysteries, I really don't know if I'm going to keep enjoying the show with the same amount of Season One passion now that they've dropped the season-long mystery angle, but we shall see.

The CW has started to stream full episodes here.

Office: Delicious. "Traveling Salesmen" was the best episode of the season thus far, and one of the series' best as well. All their recent awards are much deserved, and I am still Team Karen all the way. One of my favorite recent lines is from "The Return":

ANDY: You, me, bar, beers, buzzed. Wings, shots, drunk. Waitresses, hot. Football, Cornell/Hofstra, slaughter. Then quick nap at my place, and we hit the tiz-own.

I love Ed Helms, apparently he's a nice guy in person too.

Side note, both "Traveling Salesmen" and "The Return" were co-written by Michael Schur, who is married to The OC's J.J. Philbin. I hope they name their kid Shakespeare.

Also, check out Ken Jennings' take on the differences between the UK and US versions.

Lastly, a NY Times article on the use of "unhip songs" on the show.

Scrubs: The past few episodes have been a bit off for me. I was very excited about the musical episode, and though I appreciate how well it was produced, it seemed a bit too heavy on the cute and too light on the funny. I did enjoy the "Guy Love" song though. Watch Braff and Faison perform it live on Kimmel (thanks Krissi for the link).

Bill Lawrence suggests that the show will be back for a seventh season, either on NBC or ABC, but whether it'll return with Braff is still up in the air.

30 Rock: I haven't caught up on the past few episodes yet, but WATCH THIS SHOW. SUPPORT COMEDY! You can catch up here.

Extras: This season has been great so far. As much as I loathe all things Orlando Bloom, I did love his episode. Watch a clip here. The Bowie ep was okay, but here are all the clips of his cameo for your Bowie-fans, myself included. And Daniel Radcliffe's antics were brilliant, loved the unwrapped condom bit. Watch his full episode here, here and here. I'm looking forward to the Chris Martin cameo...

Speaking of Daniel Radcliffe, I was greatly disturbed by these pictures. Looks like someone wants you to see his sorcerer's stones... to board his Platform 9 3/4... looks like- okay, I'll stop.

Looks like someone wants to show off his Nimbus 2000. Thank you, I'll be here all night.

Grey's Anatomy: Well, The OC started it, Grey's did it twice in one episode, and Friday Night Lights did it best (more on that below), but it seems like marriage proposals are all the rage this season. I loved the two-parter, and "Great Expectations" was pretty good. I didn't really get into the Amish best friends story though. "From the cradle to the grave," really?

Anyway, all the backstage drama seems a bit ridiculous, so I don't think there's much to say in that area. I just think all problems can somehow be solved by Kate Walsh, check her out in this preview. Wowsers.

Regardless, for the next four weeks, NONE OF YOU should be watching Grey's on Thursdays, just catch up online or on Fridays. What you really should be watching is...

The OC: Four episodes left. Goodbye cruel world. It's great to see the show ending with back-to-back great episodes. Loved "The French Connection," though I was dumped right after watching the episode with my ex. And "The Groundhog Day" was hilarious as well.. reference to Oldboy, use of Silversun Pickups' "Lazy Eye," and Taylor in a groundhog costume, pretty awesome I do say.

Of course, a large part of this season's goodness can be attributed solely to Autumn Reeser. I've been preaching Taylor Townsend gospel from the beginning, and I'm glad many of you are seeing the light. Check out her TV Squad interview here, and hopefully, I can get my act together and have an Autumn interview for you to read on this blog very soon.

I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Josh Schwartz has two pilots in the works. One's called Chuck for NBC, a "high concept action dramedy about spies and twentysomethings," and the other is Gossip Girl for the CW. I'll try to get some more inside scoop for you in the coming weeks.

I'll do a proper OC-sendoff here later in February, but thanks again to the cast and crew for an amazing last season.

So what show will I champion now that the OC is no more? Only the best drama on television of course. Everyone must watch...

Friday Night Lights: PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW! THE POWER OF NIELSEN RATINGS COMPELS YOU! In a recent EW article, Kevin Reilly hinted at a second season renewal, but it's far from a sure-thing.

The show consistently makes me teary, it has the best music on television, and it's absolutely beautifully shot. I don't want to ruin anything, so just go catch up on episodes here and here.

This past episode has a marriage proposal that puts all the other shows' proposal stories to shame. I watched it with my friend Kelley, and by the end, we just hung our heads and didn't speak for a few minutes. And by we, I mean me. And by hung our heads, I mean buried my face into my body pillow. And by didn't speak, I mean bawled like I was watching Field of Dreams for the first time.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
(about the show, not about my tendency to cry alone in my room with a bottle of scotch in hand)

Lastly, you may or may not have noticed that I took your referral fee comments to heart and signed up for LinkShare. If you run a blog, you should as well (but through this link here so they know I referred you). Anyway, that's why all the iTunes links are now going through a forwarding link first. All in all, this shouldn't change anything on your end, but on my end, it'll hopefully help with the upkeep of this site. Bandwidth don't come for free, my friends. All that being said, click below for the tunes, and leave a comment!

How I Met Your Mother - "First Time In New York"
"Gotta Have You" - The Weepies [buy album]
"Love is Strange" - Mickey & Sylvia [buy album]
"Always Love" - Nada Surf [buy album]
"(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes [buy album]

How I Met Your Mother - "Columns"
"Whatever It Is" - Ben Lee [buy album]

Veronica Mars - "Show Me the Monkey"
"One Week" - The Barenaked Ladies [buy album]
"Lara's Theme (From Doctor Zhivago)" - Maurice Jarre [buy album]
"Fair" - Annuals [buy album]
"Long, Long Time" - Linda Ronstadt [buy album]
"Greenland" - Kingsbury Manx [buy album]

Friday Night Lights - "Nevermind"
"Saving Grace" - Tom Petty [buy album]
"I Turn My Camera On" - Spoon [buy album]
"Cochise" - Audioslave [buy album]

Friday Night Lights - "What To Do While You're Waiting"
"Your Hand in Mine" - Explosions in the Sky [buy album]
"Upward Over the Mountain" - Iron & Wine [buy album]
"Yee Haw" - Jake Owen

Friday Night Lights - "Little Girl I Wanna Marry You"
"Figure" - Richard Buckner [buy album]

Grey's Anatomy - "Six Days - Part 1"
"Rest Of My Life" - Michelle Featherstone [buy album]
"Love Will Come Through" - Travis [buy album]
"Lonely Hearts Still Beat The Same" - The Research
"Passion Play" - William Fitzsimmons
"Beggars Prayer (demo)" - Emiliana Torrini

Grey's Anatomy - "Six Days - Part 2"
"Here It Goes Again (UK Surf Version)" - OK Go [buy album]
"Fidelity" - Regina Spektor [buy album]
"The Way I Am" - Ingrid Michaelson [buy album]
"Falling Awake" - Gary Jules [buy album]
"Life in Disguise" - The Slip [buy album]
"Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Susanna & The Magical Orchestra (Joy Division cover)

Grey's Anatomy - "Great Expectations"
"Enchantment" - Lily Frost [buy album]
"Ships" - Umbrellas [buy album]
"Love Show" - Skye [buy album]

Scrubs - "My House"
"Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet" - Tchaikovsky [buy album]
"Where Do You Go" - Sister Hazel [buy album]

Scrubs - "My Friend With Money"
"The Girl From Ipanema" - Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto & Stan Getz [buy album]
"Isn't She Lovely" - Stevie Wonder [buy album]
"The Crane Wife 3" - The Decemberists [buy album]

The OC - "The My Two Dads"
"Forever" - The Explorers Club [buy album]
"It's Because We've Got Hair" - Tunng [buy album]
"The Commander Thinks Aloud" - The Long Winters [buy album]
"Somewhere in Between" - M. Craft

The OC - "The French Connection"
"Turn On Me" - The Shins [buy album]
"I Ain't Losin' Any Sleep" - The Sunshine Underground
"I Spy" - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
"The West Coast" - Jason Schwartzman
*audio ripped from broadcast

The OC - "The Dream Lover"
"Dear Mr. Supercomputer" - Sufjan Stevens [buy album]
"The New e Blues" - The Western States Motel [buy album]
"Garcon Glacon" - April March [buy album]
"Hidden In The Sand" - Tally Hall [buy album]
"Tel Que Tu Es" - Charlotte Gainsbourg [buy album]
"Return To Me" - Sparklehorse [buy album]
"Du Temps" - The Low Standards [buy album]
*myspace link

The OC - "The Groundhog Day"
"Gronlandic Edit" - of Montreal [buy album]
"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups [buy album]
"Leave Home" - Chemical Brothers [buy album]
"High Lonesome Moan" - Pajo [buy album]
"And I Was A Boy From School" - Hot Chip [buy album]
"The House We Live In" - The Stills [buy album]

35 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

First commenter!

[insert musical word] [insert day of the week] ARE BACK!!!

You totally made my day - no my WEEK. Seriously, I love you. Seriously.

My thoughts as I read through your post (aka read about the shows I watch and any general comments):

Grey's: I loved the latest episode, but somehow felt the two parter was a bit off (yes I might be the only one). And the REAL solution for balancing Grey's and The OC is to move to Canada where we get them at different times because of my beloved CTV (ok actually CTV and I have a rather rocky relationship due to the fact they don't play previews right after an episode).

The OC: yes it has been great lately, but it's been a little midseason filler fluff instead of almost at the end stuff. But I have great expectations for it.

THE MUSIC: THANK YOU!!!!!!!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Megan said...

I freaking love you. Seriously. All my music and TV musings needs in one place.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Jessica, thanks for being the first commenter! I'm glad I could brighten your day - no, your week. =) I seriously love you too. What did you find off about the two-parter?

Hi Megan, I freaking love you too.

4:29 PM  
Blogger catherine said...

this is the best blog in the history of the blogs in the universe. thank you for the music!!!! you are the BEST!!!!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous josh m. said...

I gotta disagree with you on the OC! Sure, this season started off excellent, but has definitely dropped off since the Chrismukkuh disaster. I still blame Johnny...

Regardless, these past 5 episodes have been RIDICULOUSLY stupid! The dream sequences, alternate timelines, and imagined events are just a bit too much for the OC. Did you ever imagine during season 1 that Ryan would be infatuated with a girl who dressed like a giant groundhog or that Julie would (very lamely) be dating Ryan's dad?

Come on, it's the end of the show, and I want the old OC back, real comedic drama. Not Che and animal spirits and (the increased focus on) Taylor (as much as I love her character). But Bullit...Bullit can stay.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

i'm in the process of procrastinating my history paper which is due on friday and i know that i just can't sit here listening to your latest downloads without commenting. is it too late to say i love you? this has to be my favorite music blog so far. i found myself loving all the music here on this blog. that never happens. my ipod deserves a long good music update. thank you so much for sharing the music with us and also for taking the time to download them. i swear, if i win an oscar or something, i would mention you in my acceptance speech for becoming an inspiration to me. or something like that. i really want to squeal right now because of your music update but i'm in the library so i guess i have to wait when i step outside. by the way, i am really sorry to hear about your breakup. i wish i could give you a hug right now. at least you know that you still have many fans out there loving you. love you and thanks for the update again!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks so much for the music, you just made my week.

Kate Walsh is hot. Addison and Alex are hot. That promo is hot. But basically Kate Walsh is hot and that's all that I have to say.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you so much--you totally made my day with this Grey's music!!! What a great site.

The Addison/Alex preview freaks me out a little (even though I think I'm for the pairing), but yeah. Kate Walsh is totally the answer to all of Grey's problems. Even when she weirds me out, she still makes me laugh....

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm sort of disturbed by just how much I like it when you make these "musical day of the week" posts. They totally make my day, and keep my ipod happy all week :P

Really sorry to hear about the break-up...

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

The two parter was good - don't get me wrong. It's just that it wasn't up to my Grey's standard I guess.
I don't know if you read the writer's blog (I'm assuming you did) but it was originally supposed to be a one part, and I think that might have been better. Or somehow a one and a half - like an extended episode (they did that earlier this year). It just seemed it was a bit TOO continued - like if you didn't remember all the details you wouldn't catch a lot of stuff. Also the first part was a bit too much of setting things up, but looking back nothing actually really happened, and I didn't feel it was enough of a cliffhanger to be a two parter.
Also I'm not sure how I feel about how personal the George storyline was for the writer.
Anyways that's just my opinion.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! Show tunes! Thank you! Hope you're doing okay...breakups always suck. Hang in there (*lends shoulder*).

I wasn't too psyched with the most recent Grey's ep, I guess it didn't live up to my expectations (harhar). And I still can't picture Alex and Addison together. I guess it's the whole attending/intern hookups: there are just too many.

HIMYM ("First Time in NY") and The Office ("Traveling Salesman") were so awesome! I don't know if you've been watching Ugly Betty as well, but I'm starting to enjoy it a lot.

Thanks again for this blog! Hang in there! <3

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops, too much "hang in there's"

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad reccommendation about skipping Grey's the next 4 week. Feb 8 starts the 3-part "Walk on Water" series, more epic than "It's the end of the world as we know it."

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worth the long (looong) wait for new stuff. Thanks for the update, hope you're recovering from your breakup.

8:24 PM  
Blogger LovelyAnomaly said...

Ahh, thank you so MUCH for these songs. My campus walks in the bitter cold have been brightened by your site.

I'm pretty sure "Passion Play" by William Fitzsimmons has changed my life. What a beautiful song.

Thank you again!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I've been waiting for the new version of Here It Goes Again since the moment I heard it! And how about those Annuals on Veronica Mars?

4:51 AM  
Blogger Swishy said...

LOL at this: "...not about my tendency to cry alone in my room with a bottle of scotch in hand." I feel you ... hang in there!

Grey's has been off all season, I think. Last week was good. Overall, though, I think it's been a pretty up-and-down year.

Thanks for the tuneage!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your rough month. At least you know that all of us appreciate you! Thanks for the music.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Krissi said...

Wow, Cap't, you outdid yourself! Great tunes and absorbing television musings. You are da bomb, and that's an understatement.

Just to put my two cents in, I liked the Grey's two-parter. I didn't feel like I was bored during any part of it . . .

I love HIMYM. I always get a good gaffaw somewhere during the half hour, and no other show does that to me other than Scrubs.

So Cap't, I hope you're starting to feel a bit better post-break-up. Going from couplehood to singledom is a tough transition, but remember there's a lot of us out here who love ya!!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous maiko said...

Just a user searching around..!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have had probably one of the worst days and tonight my friend, you have made it better.You are the BEST! This has got to be my favorite music blog ever! The tunes here are wonderful. I love love love love love "The Girl from Ipanema" & The UK version of "Here it goes again" Of course the OC songs are terrific as WELL! Thank you soo much. You are seriously a life savor. Keep bloggig<3

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the songs, thanks!

I've been watching Friday Night Lights from the beginning and I love that show. Keep up the good job of spreading the word for it!

Grey's.... I'm really not digging the Addie/Alex relationship. He's too much like Sloan and we all know Mark wasn't good for her. I just want to shake some sense into her.

Six days until LOST. Hopefully I remember what happened back in November.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Drew Timmons said...

I haven't been crazy about The O.C. lately, either, and I honestly think it's been Taylor's fault. Not Autumn's but Taylor's. I found her just awful when Henri-Michel was around, and I think that's a storyline they should have stayed away from, for sure. And then they did the unthinkable and overexposed Che. Which is sad because Chris Pratt = Lord and Savior, and I liked the character early on.

Friday Night Lights, of course, is the greatest thing to ever be on television, and I actually feel HONORED to get to watch it. Like it's some diamond that I'm not supposed to be around, but I am.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous kavina said...

golly gee mr. oats! what a wonderful post!

not only did i love your musings on grey's but i for the first time, i understood what you were talking about with the OC! yes, i'm completely up-to-date as i have given up watching the episodes on the good 'ol telly but have started watching them online! i couldn't handle it anymore, being the last one to know and everything and what with it ending so soon, i want to be there when that moment of parting must arrive.. :(

but you are right, what a FABulous season it has been so far! i love it! it's so funny and farfetched - apt for a last season, i should think! and autumn reeser has completely lived up to the "bombshell/knock-out" expectations you had set for her! and i adore every coupling so far.. really great season and can't wait to see how it ends.. am really hoping it does justice to all us fans out here that have been watching every episode thus far..

but yeah.. not only that but the tunes you've had in store for us are amazing! i am absolutely loving the david pajo and albert hammond jr. tracks!! beautiful, beautiful, beautifuuull!! so thanks bunches for that, captain! it's much appreciated (as always)!

hope things are still going a-okay on the recovery front of newfound singledom! xxxx

12:24 PM  
Anonymous kavina said...

also, have started watching heroes religiously after your inclusion of it on your musical days and i must say - i love, love, LOVE it! truly it is a lot more wholesome and satisfying than lost... xx

12:26 PM  
Anonymous elaineR. said...

i would like to say WELCOME back. also, i would like to say that you are offically the bomb diggity. also, i would like to thank you wholeheartedly. also, i would like to say WOOPWOOP for the return of tunerrific tuesday! and also, i hope your coping and surviving and all that... i know what you must be going through having survived it not so long ago. HOLLER! =)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

Love these so much. Thanks!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

thanks so much for the music... some really awesome stuff.

i really agree with a lot of your show reviews especially friday night lights. WATCH THE SHOW PEOPLE!

i cannot believe the oc is ending in 4 weeks. that actually blows my mind.

anyways... i hope your doing well. break-ups suck but it can only go up from here!

thanks again for all the music.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the music... it really made my night! :)

9:04 PM  
Blogger writermonkey said...

thank you, cap'n.
so glad you're back.
and i must say, although i'm sure your former other is wonderful and amazing and all that stuff, she's also a moron.
yay, you.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

I love coming here and reading all of your thoughts on television, music, life-in-general, etc. You're amazing for uploading all of this music...so thank you!!!

P.S. I adore Kate Walsh on Grey's!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

Hey Sonny!

How's it goin? Glad you're writing again; it at least cheers up these cloudy/snowy/freezing days in the Windy City.

The OC--sad to see it end--but I'll give you credit for being pro-Taylor Townsend from the beginning. She brings some of the old-OC humor in a well, Taylor sort of way.

Grey's Anatomy--never ceases to please. Yeah, I agree, that backstage drama's a drag. I'd hate to see it affect the show, cuz if Grey's ever falls apart soon, I may have a nervous breakdown...and then have to start watching another show instead.

Once again thanks for the tunes, and hope you're feeling better these days! If you're still listening to your Break-Up Mix...maybe stay away from those really sad and sappy Krn ballads...(though I gotta admit I've listened to my fair share ^^)
O yeah, I haven't gotten around to making a T-shirt design for Team Captain Oats...but will someday :) AJA~heem nae!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Getsagrip said...

Thank you for your terrific posts. Thank you for the music. Thank you for letting up on Veronica Mars, although I still hope for the day when Rob Thomas goes back into your "admired writers" list. Thank you blogger.com for finally publishing one of my comments.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I agree with most of what you say i hate what your saying about lost. it's actually one of the best shows out there.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Catherine,
No, YOU are the best!

Hi Josh M,
Good to hear some differing opinions. I think Johnny can be blamed for almost everything wrong in the world... however, I think any pitfalls this season can't really be pineed on Johnny anymore. I actually really enjoyed the Chrismukkuah episode... the thing with this season is that it's a different show entirely than that of Season One, so I don't even bother comparing anymore. Season One was based in reality, and Season Four is like an hour-long sitcom in a way, so I don't take the plots or characters seriously, because, this season, I don't think they're intended to be. The writers are having fun, getting a little wacky, and I've enjoyed that. Different show, but still enjoyable.

Hi Janet,
It is not too late to say I love you. Feel free to say it as often as you'd like. I'm glad your iPod got some good lovin' from the blog... thanks for the kind words!

Hey Lauren,
That's all I have to say too.

Hi Anon,
You're welcome for the music. I wish they'd push this Addison/Alex story forward a little... haven't watched last night's episode, so here's hoping.

Hey Lisa,
No need to feel disturbed. You should feel disturbed when you're listening to the music and you look outside your window to find me watching you reading my blog. Actually, don't look yet. Okay, look now. What up.

Hi Jessica,
I actually hadn't read the writer's blog in a long time until you mentioned it. That's pretty interesting, I could see it working much better as a one-parter... thanks for actually utilizing the comment section to discuss too. I'm hoping there's more of that on the blog!

Hey Anonymous,
Thanks for the shoulder. Hope I didn't soak your shirt too badly. I haven't watched Ugly Betty since the pilot... not really my cup of tea... but hey, it seems to be doing just fine without me right? =)

Hi Anon,
If you read that part over, you'll see that I wasn't suggesting you to SKIP Grey's, but merely, to WAIT TIL FRIDAY to watch it when they re-run it or online so that OC's numbers could do a bit better, since they only have a few weeks left to live.

Hi Anonymous,
You're welcome. I'm doing a bit better bout the break-up...

Hey LovelyAnomaly,
Yeah tis a great song, you're welcome!

Hi Karen,
Love the UK remix. And love the Annuals too!

Hey Swishy,
Yeah, Grey's has been up-and-down for me too, but in the end, I'm always at least entertained and satisfied, despite the pitfalls.

Hi Anon,
Thanks for the encouraging words. You're welcome for the music!

Krissi,
Thanks for hooking me up with so many songs! You're the best. Have you really been enjoying Scrubs this year? It's just been so hard to watch lately... Anyway, thanks for all the love!

Hi Maiko,
You're welcome! Glad you enjoy the songs, buy the albums!

Hey Anon,
Yes! Another FNL viewer!! We must spread the Gospel. I still have to watch last night's Lost... I hear it was actually fun to watch for once.

Hey Drew,
Gonna have to disagree with you on Taylor there, my friend. She's one of the few things saving the episodes lately... again, like I said above, I think the OC is a completely different show this season compared to Season One. The latter was a true dramedy, with a bit more drama, and the former is much more of a comedy. Thus, I don't think the writers are expecting us to take these characters literally or seriously... I mean Che and Seth in the woods on a spirit journey? But it's funny, it's out there, and no one encompasses that more than Taylor. She is absolutely insane, and I think if you look at the show as a comedy rather than a drama, her character comes off more as endearing and hilarious than bat-shit crazy and annoying. But hey, that's just me.

Totally agree with you on FNL. Glad you're loving it too! That's my new cause once the OC dies..

Hi Kavina,
Glad you could catch up on the OCs! The finale is so quickly approaching...

And yes! Albert Hammond Jr's new album is surprisingly wonderful!! Love "In Transit" and "Back to the 101"...

Hey Elaine R,
I enjoyed everything you had to say. Especially the WOOPWOOP. =)

Hi Dinah,
You're welcome!

Hey Rebecca,
Yet another FNL viewer! I don't understand why the ratings are so low... it seems like people are starting to watch.

Hi Anon,
You're welcome!

Hey writermonkey,
Thanks for the encouraging words. I know you added that little disclaimer there, but my ex really is still wonderful and amazing. So, I can't join in the moron sentiment. But yeah, thanks for making me feel better though. =)

Hi Jamie,
You're welcome! I love that you're coming here too!

Hey Laura,
Yeah, I'm staying away from the Korean ballads, not so much because they're sad and sappy, but because they make me vomit a little. Why does Korean music suck so hard? And I'll be waiting for that Team Captain Oats shirt!!

Hi Getsagrip,
You're welcome. I'm looking forward to this past week's VM.. hopefully the upward trend continues.

Hi Anon,
I still do enjoy Lost, I hear great things about its return last night, but you know, the huge Lost backlash that's happened over the past year didn't come out of nowhere. The writers really, ahem, LOST track of where they wanted to go with the show... it was starting to go the way of X-Files, but I hope they start bringing in the reigns this year.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home