Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Gossip On Gossip Girl

Those of you feeling an OC-shaped hole in your life might be interested to know that Josh Schwartz's pilot, Gossip Girl, is moving a step closer to a fall pickup.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show has been approved to begin staffing, which is a pretty good sign that it'll be announced as part of The CW's fall lineup come upfronts next Thursday.

I also keep hearing that Schwartz's NBC pilot, Chuck, has turned out really well, which could lead to a scenario where Josh helms TWO primetime shows in the fall. Is Josh the new JJ?

I don't know why I just asked that. But I hear that phrase kills on blogs: "Is ___ the new ___?" I'll throw a couple more your way. Is Honda the new BMW? Is Fruit of the Loom the new Armani? Is sleep the new sex? If you're thinking yes to all, then you might be impressed by a certain Sonny Lee that I know.

Anyway, I digress. I haven't seen the pilot, but I have read the script, and I'm fairly confident when I say that Gossip Girl will be the new OC. Do I feel weird being a 25 year old male that's excited about a show called Gossip Girl? Yes, a little bit. But get your iPods ready, we may have a new show to build playlists around.

In the meantime, I'll stick with the theme and leave a song by The Gossip:
"Ain't It The Truth" - The Gossip [buy album]

12 Comments:

Anonymous Rebecca said...

I'm so excited about this show! I've read a couple of the books and I'm sure that it can make a great show. And I loved The OC. This should be good.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone have a link where I can read the script?

4:00 AM  
Blogger NYOne said...

Hmm, with the addition of these two shows (fingers crossed!) and the Grey's spinoff, there could be some very fine music coming our way this fall, even if we lose Veronica Mars (fingers crossed!).

8:32 AM  
Blogger franklin said...

whooa, never read the books, but Gossip Girl sounds interesting. your advice hasnm't let me wrong yet!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I'm so excited for the show! I love the series - it's a total guilty pleasure- so I'm really looking forward to watching it. I just hope it'll air on a Canadian channel too, because I don't get The CW.
When can we expect the next musical day?

1:52 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Rebecca,
What are the books like? I always just imagined them to be like the trashy Christopher Pike books I read in junior high, but I guess I'm wrong.

Hi Anon 4:00,
Send me an email. Sillypipedreams@gmail.com

Hey NYOne,
Seriously! Alex Patsavas is going to be one busy woman.

Hi Franklin,
Thanks for having faith in the Captain.

Hi Jessica,
Canada doesn't get the CW? That sucks! You're missing the Pussycat Dolls!! I should be doing a musical day post over the weekend? Thanks for reading!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Piney said...

Capt,
I'm ready for some new shows. I trust your choices. But where is the music. I 'm missing the VM music...Grey's too. What did you think of Grey's spinoff. I was ready to hate it but liked it! And was that chemistry I saw between Tim Daly and Kate Walsh?

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Bridget said...

Ahh! If the show turns out as good as the books then I am very excited. I wonder who will play Nate..

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget, chance crawford will be playing nate.
the whole list of main characters are up on tv.com it you typed in gossip girl.

id like to know where to find the script too
someone that knows send me an email.
jordanalexa20@hotmail.com
thank you!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CANNOT WAIT FOR GOSSIP GIRLS. I love the books.
In the meanwhile, hi5 for the Gossip. Personal favourtie will always be Standing in the Way of Control though, especially the Soulwax Nite (i think that's it) Remix. Amazing on Skins.

11:44 AM  
Blogger sam said...

okay, i admit it, i'm 25 and own the entire gossip girl series

why am I not writing on this show?!?!?!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Chus said...

This is what I think: Gossip Girl

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home