Friday, August 17, 2007

Quickie

Though you are correct to assume, this is not a post about my love life.

I've been MIA for almost a month, and I apologize. I have a handful of posts in draft-stage that'll probably remain that way for another week or so. In the meantime, I wanted to spread the word on a couple things.

Superbad
You can't walk five feet without seeing a poster for this movie. I'm sure most of you are planning to see it already, and you should definitely stick to that plan. This'll be the second funniest movie you see all year, second only to Knocked Up. I saw the movie at a screening two months ago. At the time, it felt like it could be cleaned up a little, and perhaps it has been since, but overall, while it wasn't Knocked Up-perfect, it was still superprettydamngood, A-. Full review to come with my Summer Movie post. Check out interviews with the cast at Entertainment Weekly and The Onion AV Club, watch some clips online, and let me know what you think after you watch this weekend!

Harold & Kumar 2
When you see Superbad this weekend, you will probably also see this teaser trailer for Harold & Kumar 2! A Silly Pipe Dreams interview with Jon Hurwitz is still gonna happen (I promise!), so feel free to leave any questions for him in my previous post.

Flight Of The Conchords
An interview with Rhys Darby, aka Murray.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
You can catch a pre-Season 3 episode on MySpace.

Friday Night Lights
Panthers have hired a new coach!

Weekend Update
There's a "Best Of Tina Fey Weekend Update" compilation on YouTube.

Under The Covers
Guilty pleasure covers here and here.

South Park
Commentary on South Park's "Cartoon Wars" episode where Trey Parker says, "For the record... we do hate Family Guy."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Dom said...

I can't wait to see Superbad, but it's still another 33 days until it's released in Australia :(

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am coming out of lurking to tell you how much I miss Silly Pipe Dreams! MISS YOU, SONNY!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Laura. said...

Hey - nice to see a post! =] Hope all is well with the writing situation!

I plan on seeing Superbad very soon - not seeing it is definitely NOT an option. I'm still very distressed over the fact that I haven't seen the new Bourne...my obsession with those movies is unhealthy.

I'm afraid I will be virtually unable to tear myself away from my Keith Urban albums - just saw him the other night and the entire show...just blew me away.

Check out the new Matt Nathanson and Josh Rouse albums. 2 thumbs up from yours truly.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hi Dom,
Sucks about the extra 33 days. But at least you guys have accents.

Hi Anon 6:30,
Thank you! I miss blogging actually..

Hey Laura.,
Thanks, lot happening on the writing front, hopefully more details to come.

I haven't seen the new Bourne yet either! I liked the first one, and loved the second. Really looking forward to this one.

I'm afraid I cannot share your love for Keith Urban. While I don't abhor his music, I can't get into it. I do like some of Nathanson and Rouse's stuff though, so I will check those out. Thanks for the comment!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Bryan said...

Superbad RULES!!! It'd be worth it for Dom to buy a plane ticket to come here and watch it so he wouldn't have to suffer for 33 more days. It's only abut $1500 round-trip which, when you think about it is only about $45/day to see the movie now. I would strongly consider it.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous raynp said...

Hey! It's nice to see the post. I have seen Jonah in a couple of interviews so far and can't wait to check out the movie.

By the way, have you see "slacker cats" on ABC family. It's actually quite good...caught two episodes yesterday and I love "tabitha" she seems like she is always drunk! There is some good writing there.

Check ya later dude.
-raynp

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Mara Cruz said...

Greetings,
You had a good posted that captured my attention, it was very nice and entertaining for those who's also in this kind of field or in the field of entertainment. Here's the two of my pages, Malcolm In The Middle DVD and Thundercats DVD. Hope you will find it also nice and a good relevant to your field...Thank You.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home