Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Another Silly Halloween

*DISCLAIMER: If you want to go straight to the music, head to the bottom of this post and click on "Click Here to Continue Reading."*

Hope you all had a happy Halloween!

Almost every year, I get quite amped up for my second favorite holiday. Unfortunately, this year I spent it writing and incredibly frightened by this news (for strike stories, I find that this site, this site, and this site are the best). The strike truly affects everyone in entertainment, even non-Guild writers like myself. My writing partner and I had two showrunner meetings in the next week, both of which will most likely be postponed indefinitely now. Here's hoping The Great Pumpkin bestows a negotiating miracle...

Despite the subdued spirit this year, I did dress up for work. I'm fairly certain I won the costume competition. In keeping with my TV theme from last year and the year before, my 2007 costume was "Kenneth the Korean Page"...



It was nice to dust off the old Page uniform. Still smelled like poverty and alcohol. Ah, the Page Program. Best time of my life.

Anyway, email me your Halloween costume and I'll post it here, or just tell me what you were in the comments! I've put together a little 31-song Halloween mix, so click below and enjoy while you eat the best treat ever invented.


Halloween 2007
A Silly Pipe Dreams Mix



1. "Monster Hospital" - Metric
[buy album] [myspace]

2. "Monster Mash" - The Misfits (Bobby "Boris" Pickett cover)
[buy album] [myspace]

3. "Chase The Devil" - Eagles of Death Metal
[buy album] [myspace]

4. "Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker Jr.
[buy album] [myspace]

5. "I'm Afraid Of Americans" - David Bowie (ft. Trent Reznor)
[buy album] [myspace]

6. "Burn The Witch" - Queens of the Stone Age
[buy album] [myspace]

7. "Halloween" - Mudhoney
[buy album] [myspace]

8. "Dethbed" - Alkaline Trio
[buy album] [myspace]

9. "Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But?" - Arctic Monkeys
[buy album] [myspace]

10. "Pet Sematary" - The Ramones
[buy album] [myspace]

11. "The Ballad Of Peter Pumpkinhead" - XTC
[buy album] [myspace]

12. "Walking With A Ghost" - Tegan and Sara
[buy album] [myspace]

13. "Chrissy Kiss The Corpse" - Of Montreal
[buy album] [myspace]

14. "Halloween Head" - Ryan Adams
[buy album] [myspace]

15. "Little Ghost" - The White Stripes
[buy album] [myspace]

16. "Halloween" - Matt Pond PA
[buy album] [myspace]

17. "The Ghost Of You Lingers" - Spoon
[buy album] [myspace]

18. "Wave Of Mutilation" - Pixies
[buy album] [myspace]

19. "Ghost" - Neutral Milk Hotel
[buy album] [myspace]

20. "Pretty Girls Make Graves" - The Smiths

21. "Skeleton Key" - Margot & The Nuclear So And Sos
[buy album] [myspace]

22. "Is There A Ghost?" - Band Of Horses
[buy album] [myspace]

23. "Skeleton Jar" - Youth Group
[buy album] [myspace]

24. "I'm A Monster" - Ours
[buy album] [myspace]

25. "We Suck Young Blood (Your Time Is Up)" - Radiohead

26. "In The House - In A Heartbeat" - John Murphy (28 Days Later)
[buy album]

27. "Werewolf" - Cat Power
[buy album] [myspace]

28. "Thriller" - Ben Gibbard (Michael Jackson cover)
[myspace]

29. "I Put A Spell On You" - Nina Simone (Screamin' Jay Hawkins cover)
[buy album]

30. "Demons" - Guster
[buy album] [myspace]

31. "Devil Town" - Bright Eyes (Daniel Johnston cover)
[buy album] [myspace]

11 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin said...

Damn -- I turned down a halloween party invite because i didn't have a costume -- didn't even think about pullin out the ol' page uniform -- can we all retire and go be pages again?

9:06 AM  
Blogger sam said...

i threw my page uniform out on my last day cause it smelled like...well, like a uniform that had been worn every day for a year.

still have my pins though :)

i was miss scarlet from clue (movie version) - which turned out to be a really fun group costume. pics are on my blog.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Piney said...

I spoke to the Great Pumpkin and he said no problem...One miracle coming up! You guys look so cute in your uniforms/costumes. Oh and thanks for the Halloween treat.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous pet said...

cool costume, awesome mix. thanks for the songs (again)!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Monique said...

Just wanted to say I'm crossing my fingers and toes that a settlement is reached Sunday!

As for Halloween, I went to a party as a never-nude.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Piney said...

I'm sorry the Great Pumpkin didn't come thru for you. Hope the strike doesn't last long. I'm gonna miss my new TV shows.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Wakeful D said...

Oh man, I passed two of the best costumes ever this year on Frenchman Street - Dr. Who (the David Tennant version) and ... wait for it... THREE-HOLE PUNCH JIM.

I only recognized him because of your outfit a year ago! He was pretty excited to be recognized, even if it was by a slightly drunk Kwanzaa. Did I mention that I was Kwanzaa? I was with a bunch of other holidays.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look adorable in your page uniform! Thanks for the songs.

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I'm super upset about the writer's strike. I hope everything works out for you though!

In the mean time is there any chance of a Soundtrack Saturday/Sunday to distract everyone as tv shows begin to taper off? Please?

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the Great Pumpkin didn't come thru for you. Hope the strike doesn't last long. I'm gonna miss my new TV shows.
Pulsione erotica

4:54 PM  
Blogger dong dong23 said...

oakley vault
oakley sunglasses
asics running shoes
cheap jordans
michael kors handbags
fitflops sale clearance
true religion outlet
louis vuitton
gucci outlet
kobe bryant shoes
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
nike air force 1
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
true religion
asics shoes
louis vuitton outlet
cartier watches
jordans
michael kors outlet clearance
nike uk
longchamp bags
adidas outlet
jordan concords
toms shoes
michael kors purses
replica watches for sale
louis vuitton outlet
replica watches
toms shoes
nike air max
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet
supra shoes
20166.25wengdongdong

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home