Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Birthday Mix

Hello friends. My 40 Posts In 40 Days Pledge fell apart in a Britney Spears kind of way, but there's still one more day left to post twenty more times! Britney can still be saved!

Fortunately, the main reasons I've been MIA are writing-related. Some updates...

*About a month ago, my writing partner and I were accepted into NBC's Writers Program, which has been absolutely wonderful but quite time-consuming. In a large nutshell, the program picks eight writing entities (this year, three writing teams and five solo writers) who are "on the verge" of success, and they invest time and resources into bettering us as writers and human beings. Not only do we get help specing a show via weekly group notes, the program also assigns each writer an executive mentor and show mentor (my writing partner and I are coupled with The Office, woot woot) to guide you through the soul-drowning waters of staffing season. It's all pretty awesome, I'm amazing, and everything I touch turns to sexual intercourse. I just realized I might be bragging, but really, this program is the bee's knees.

*Also, our amazing agent has been sending us out for many late night shows, which has kept us busy with submission packets. We have a HUGE meeting coming up next Monday, so please send out some good vibes that day. Especially if your name is God.

*We may or may not have some more feature news to report in addition to the SCI FI Channel movie we're working on. To be continued...

*And lastly, I was interviewed for a small little feature here (beware, there is an unnecessarily large picture of my face that may cause you to jump back in shock, something I am accustomed to). They cut my jokes, but hey, I fulfilled my lifelong dream of being in an online teeny-bopper magazine, so I can't complain.

Those are the the writing updates for now. On a personal note, I celebrated my 26th birthday a few weeks ago, on Oct. 2nd to be exact. Big thank you to the kind folks who remembered and left a comment. And, on Oct. 11th, Silly Pipe Dreams celebrated its second year of existence.

But this post isn't about making you feel guilty for forgetting the most important days of the calendar year. Rather, it's about celebrating all the upcoming birthdays that seem to be flooding my calendar via evites. So Libras and Scorpios, click below and enjoy a little playlist made just for you, happy birthday.


I'm Glad You Were Born
A Silly Pipe Dreams Mix



1. "Birthday" - Sunnyboys (Beatles cover)
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

2. "We Will Rock You In Da Club" - Queen/50 Cent

3. "Oh My" - Mellowdrone
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

4. "The Good Life" - Weezer
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

5. "Blankest Year" - Nada Surf
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

6. "C'mon C'mon" - The Von Bondies
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

7. "You Only Live Once" - The Strokes
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

8. "Young Folks" - Peter Bjorn & John
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

9. "Anything Can Happen" - The Finn Brothers
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

10. "Happy Birthday" - Concrete Blonde
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

11. "So Alive" - Ryan Adams
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

12. "Birthday" - The Lord Henry
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

13. "At Last I Am Born" - Morrissey
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

14. "Birthday Girl" - The Replacements
[more tracks]

15. "I Was Born" - The Magnetic Fields
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

16. "Happy Birthday To Me (Feb 15)" - Bright Eyes
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

17. "Unhappy Birthday" - The Smiths
[more tracks]

18. "Still Fighting It" - Ben Folds
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

19. "Forever Young" - Youth Group (Alphaville cover)
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

20. "Life Is A Song" - Patrick Park
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

17 Comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Good news!!it's great to see that you are happy!it's so cool that you're with The Office!i can't see your interview page,hope it will work soon. happy belated birthday!and for Silly Pipe Dreams!already 2 years of sharing your thoughts and music...thank you so much for everything!and i hope the 20 posts are still to come..=)

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated!
Good luck with everything.

9:23 AM  
Blogger sam said...

happy belated birthday to you and me (mine was the 13th) - Libras are the bomb!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

You realize that with your alloy mini-interview that you move a step closer to being Adam Brody, right?

Glad things are going well ! Go Sonny Go !

11:33 AM  
Blogger terthen said...

just wanted to say congrats and that sweet gig and good luck w the writing

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Neel said...

Congrats...sending all the good vibes I can!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous megan said...

I agree with Sam-Libras are the bomb. (Sept. 29th representin') And congrats on the sweet writing gig... makes me wish I had a more interesting job.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Krissi D said...

Hi Cap't!!

First, happy belated birthday! I feel terrible, awful, sick at heart, blue, and dastardly for not remembering your special day. I did, however, send you some tunes via email -- hope they'll help for your next TV review and music post.

Second, many congratulations on your acceptance into NBC's Writers Program! That is really awesome news, Sonny!

Thanks so much for the birthday mix!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous check sanity said...

Ditto with Sam and Megan... Libras all the way!
Congrats on everything Sonny, that's awesome! It really makes me think about changing majors... again. Does this mean you'll be able to give us some insight on the Office? heh. Thought I might as well ask.
Oh and thanks so much for the mix!

Lanna

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Piney said...

Congratulations! Are ya still gonna love us when you're prime-time famous? Happy Birthday to you & SPD and thanks for the tunes.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I'm very happy for you and your friend and will cross my finger till monday... tuesday here in Europa!
Good luck!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Dammit! I'm the most jealous person in the whole world 'The Office' being my favorite show! but i have you to thank for that seeing how i discovered the show through one of your blog posts. [I hope that means we loyal blog readers get some inside goss! :P]

Happy belated b'day Sonny!!
and Happy 2nd b'day to Silly pipe dreams!

Goodluck in everything you do! I'm sure you will become one of the best gd writers around!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if you've caught tonight's "Chuck" yet, but I think you'll love the O.C.-mirroring moment Josh threw in there at the end. Delightful! :)

- Melanie

9:12 PM  
Blogger Scribe LA said...

Hey!
Thanks for birthday mix. You're right - a plethora of birthdays cluttering the calendar. Glad I could be a part of yours :)

Congrats on the writing domination, btw. When you have time, can you give us a bigger peak into the NBC Writer's Program?
-Scribe

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for some great new tunes and a big CONGRATS on the writing career developments!

(Oh, and please post pictures of your Halloween costume this year...I love reading your Halloween posts!!)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday to you and me (mine was the 13th) - Libras are the bomb!
Pulsione erotica

4:53 PM  
Blogger dong dong23 said...

louis vuitton
kate spade handbags
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike basketball shoes
ralph lauren polo
christian louboutin outlet
jordan 8s
nike outlet store
rolex submariner
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
true religion outlet
nike air huarache
pandora jewelry
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin
kobe bryant shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
cheap jordans
timberland boots
adidas uk
kate spade
air jordans
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
ralph lauren polo outlet
nike air max
michael kors outlet
hollister outlet
nike blazers
ralph lauren
nike nfl jerseys
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
tory burch outlet
jordans for sale
tory burch outlet
nike sb
20166.25wengdongdong

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home