As You Wish: Free Princess Bride DVD
I particularly enjoyed the one non-contest related comment: "MUSICAL DAY PLEASE!" Patience "Anonymous 7:40 pm", patience. A musical day will come as soon as I catch up on the DVR and figure out what tunes have been played. Sorry for the delay.
I have, however, been watching a LOT of movies lately, all ranging from good (Into the Wild) to good lord that was amazing (No Country For Old Men), so maybe I'll write up some mini-reviews soon.
Anyway, without further adieu, the winners are....
Olivia (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Jody (email@example.com)!!
I'll be emailing you two shortly to get your shipping information. Thanks again for playing!
“Good heavens, are you still trying to win?” - Count Rugen
If you didn't win in the previous two contests, try once more with this post. Silly Pipe Dreams is teaming up again with M80 to give away TWO copies of one of my all-time favorite comedies, The Princess Bride.
20th Century Fox recently re-released the film on DVD for its 20th anniversary, updated with a ca-ra-zay ambigram cover and some extra bonus features. A mini-review of the re-release will be up soon.
And while we're all feeling nostalgic, this is kinda cool, check out Siskel & Ebert's original review of the movie here.
Anyway, contest instructions are below, good luck!
P.S. My favorite scene..
BUTTERCUP: You can die too for all I care.
[pushes Westley down a big hill]
WESTLEY (falling): As! You! Wish!
BUTTERCUP: Oh my sweet Westley, what have I done?
[throws herself down the big hill]
P.P.S. As an added bonus, here's a great song inspired by PB quotes:
MP3: "As You Wish" - Aqueduct
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]
1. Tell me your favorite Princess Bride quote, as well as your favorite song first introduced to you by Silly Pipe Dreams.
2. Post your answer by clicking on the 'COMMENTS' link at the bottom of this post. Those without Blogger accounts can always click 'Other' or 'Anonymous' when leaving a comment.
3. In your comment, leave your first name and your email address, so I can contact you if you win.
4. You have until 11:59 pm PT THIS Wednesday, Nov. 28 to leave a comment.
5. On Thursday, Nov. 29, I will pick at random two people from the comments who have left a proper answer, name and email.