Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Favorite Album of 2008

Granted this is the only album I've purchased so far this year, but the new Magnetic Fields release, Distortion, will probably remain one of my top 2008 albums for a while. Just bought it today and have listened all the way through four times.

The album is aptly titled, as it's similar to their 69 Love Songs collection, but with, um, distortion. I think that's a pretty solid review, and I'm very sleepy, so that's all I got.

Check out these two choice tracks for ya and purchase the album via the links below!

MP3: "Too Drunk To Dream" - The Magnetic Fields
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

Favorite lyric:
Sober, life is a prison. Shitfaced, it is a blessing.
Sober, nobody wants you. Shitfaced, they're all undressing.


MP3: "California Girls" - The Magnetic Fields
[buy album] [myspace] [more tracks]

Favorite lyric:
So I have planned my grand attacks, I will stand behind their backs
With my brand new battle ax, then they will taste my wrath
They will hear me say as the pavement whirls
"I hate California girls..."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree it's a great album but I'll admit I prefer 69 Love Songs! I'm thinking they have crappy album art because they know they're awesome.

-Bronwyn

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the iTunes gift card, thank you so much! :D

-Bronwyn

2:30 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hi Brownyn,
I prefer 69 Love Songs as well, definitely. And agreed, Magnetic Fields can pretty much put anything on the album cover without losing any awesome points.

Glad you got the gift card!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Too Drunk to Dream and also Grand Canyon. I'll let California Girls grow on me.

(Leah)

8:15 AM  
Blogger sam said...

My roomie just got dumped and he's been listening to this at full blast singing at the top of his lungs. i think it's a guy thing.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home