Monday, January 07, 2008

A Premiere!

You guys trust me, right? No, I'm not asking you to take our cyber-relationship to the next level and meet in person (how do you feel about phone though?).

No, no, I'm asking you to watch an episode. An episode titled "Poop In The Pool."

Look, you trusted me and watched Veronica Mars. You walked by my side through Friday Night Lights. Now, have faith in my remote and tune in to the Season 3 premiere of Rob & Big. Tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 8th at 10:30 PM on MTV!

Why?

Well, first, laughter is good for your health.

And also, as mentioned before, my writing partner and I helped write, I mean "creatively consult," the new season. This will be our first official on-air credit, and God/AMPTPTPTPTP-willing, not our last.

So check it out if you can. The credits will most likely be covered by a promo for True Life: I'm In An Interfaith Relationship With My Gay Knocked Up Cousin In Rehab And We're Moving To Vegas!, but you can definitely see our one second of fame by downloading the episode FOR FREE on iTunes this week. Okay, mom?

Someone with a lot of time on their hands told me "Sonny Lee" and "Patrick Walsh" come up exactly 21:00 minutes in. God, that someone is so lame and so not named "Sonny Lee" or "Patrick Walsh."

I never thought I'd feel so much gratification from watching a 33 year old skateboarder and his big black bodyguard, but it was really cool to see the ideas thrown around in the room actually take place on screen.

Anyway, check out the trailer, watch the episode, and leave a comment! Thanks!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Big Knees said...

I loved season 1 & 2 of this show and cant wait to watch it tomorrow! This is the funniest reality show on T.V.

Question for Sonny: Do reality writers just come up with ideas for Rob & Big to do they also co hearse the script at all?

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edit: Do reality writers just come up with ideas for Rob & Big to do, or do they also co hearse the script at all?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Big Knees,
Thanks for the comment, and I'm glad you enjoy the show!

In answer to your question re: reality writers, what we do is create pages upon pages of potential ideas for the show and then outline beat by beat 12-13 episodes. We don't write any dialogue. Just potential funny situations and reactions.

And of course, once the show goes into production, things change, situations arise, so the cast & crew can elect to take a detour from the outlined plan as well. Which is why it's exciting for my writing partner and I to see what actually made it to air and what didn't. Judging by the first episode and the trailer though, they stuck pretty closely to the writers' episode outlines! Hurray!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Iva Dj said...

Congratzz Sonny. May this be first of many episodes u will "creatively consult" on :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Captain Oats said...

Hey Iva,
Thanks a bunch!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Congrats!
I'll watch tomorrow. I'm sure this is just the first step in a long, successful career!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Lilly said...

Congratulations and Happy New Year! May it be sweet like honey and... round like apples?

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Alicia said...

Congratulations Sonny!! That is so exciting!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Nick Plowman said...

This show always makes me laugh so hard, it's crazy! But anything that you are a part of Sonny must be good, so you have me as a dedicated fan and viewer!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, congratulations! Rob and Big is hilarious.
~Jane

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Ben said...

Was this the one that opened with them singing along to Enrique Iglesias in the car? Because that was freaking hilarious.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home