Monday, February 25, 2008

Post-Oscars

I didn't do too well with my predictions. 13 out of 24. Good thing I'm poor and had no money to enter an Oscar pool. A few observations and questions...

-- I've been reading a lot of Stewart-haters online, but I thought he did a good job.
-- The binocular montage made me chuckle.
-- Favorite line of the night: "That guy is so arrogant," after Glen Hansard's humble acceptance speech. Very awesome of them to bring Marketa Irglova back out after being cut-off. So glad they won.
-- I really want a Wii.
-- I always forget Gladiator won "Best Picture" in 2000. Probably best to pretend like it never happened.
-- Forest Whitaker seemed kinda handsy with Marion Cotillard, who is way hotter than I thought.
-- Roger Deakins should've won for either of his nominations.
-- Did we almost see Diablo Cody's vagina?
-- Is Helen Mirren the hottest 62 year old ever?
-- Why do I enjoy such a boring telecast so much?

Anyway, I thought it appropriate to post this sketch, "I Drink Your Milkshake," from this past weekend's SNL (which was pretty funny). One of the many reasons why Bill Hader is awesome can be seen right here:

8 Comments:

Blogger roxy said...

I loved 'and the baby goes to....' - made me laugh out loud. The arrogant comment was good, too. I got sad when gladiator came on, too -- I think I was pulling for life is beautiful that year.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous nick plowman said...

I thought that was pretty funny too Roxy.
I loved this years Oscar show too, and the winners were, in my humble opinion, all deserved, tI am so glad for Cotillard - and I really hought Blanchett would win for Supporting - but Swinton was good. I am glad Diablo Cody won for O Screenaply - loved that!

Later

9:51 AM  
Blogger fadedsilverscreen said...

Yeah, I thought Jon Stewart was a decent host. He had a couple of funny jokes, the ones about teen pregnancy and Hillary Clinton.

As for the winners...Marion Cotillard and Diablo Cody were definitely the most emotional. I was glad to see both of them win. I mean, it was pretty obvious that Juno wouldn't take home Best Picture, so I'm glad that it at least got best Original Screenplay.

4:45 PM  
Blogger J. said...

That sketch, while slightly chuckle worthy, most had me scratching my head. I knew the Oscars were the next day, and there was a writers's strike, but the sketch/milkshake jokes were almost exactly 2 months too late.

Next week I expect some hilarious New Year material.

Allowing Irglova to come back out was, I think, my favorite real moment of the Oscars. But for sheer enjoyment, nothing beat Ethan's speeches.

5:01 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

who knew marion cotillard was so hot right? or so young?!

i was like...holy crap, yeaaah, the makeup guy totally deserved his win.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous nick plowman said...

lol michelle - so true, I felt exactly the same way!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Lilly said...

Hey, I'll keep this cryptic so as not to steal your thunder, but CONGRATULATIONS!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, I live go to school in bangor maine. I was surprised to hear that in the sketch. random

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home